Unicode Conversion

sviardot

sviardot

Reputable Poster
Working with 8.10, i found the macro _J for unicode conversion into C programme. But, does someone knows is there's a macro to perform the revese action wich is convert an Unicode string to a C string ?

The function name is:

UERRORCODE jdeFromUnicode(ZCHAR *dest, const JCHAR *src, int targetCapacity, const JCHAR *enc);

dest = pointer to a destination buffer
src = pointer to the source JCHAR
targetCapacity = the size of the destination buffer
enc = encoding target codepage. See jdeUnicode.h for supported codepages

In order to find out the size of the required output buffer, you can use the following function:

unsigned int jdeStrLen(const JCHAR *s);

Which will give you the number of chars found in the string.

There are other functions available. There is a very good manual written on the subject that you can download from the peoplesoft website. The title is : ERP Unicode Conversion Guidelines.

There is also a "system API documentation" in compiled HTML format. I wonder if a newer version was created for ERP8.9 and Unicode support as well...

Hi,
This post arrived just in the right moment for me!
Thanks a lot!
Do you happen to know if there is a possibility for ASCII (MS-Dos) conversion? There used to be an option for this in Flat File Operation business functions but it does not exist any more. In the code pages listed in jdeUnicode.h I didn't find any such conversion.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

There is a great document produced by the JD Edwards team behind the unicode conversion. It is still available on the knowledge garden.

I don't think I can post it here because of copyright issues.

The title of the PDF is "ERP Unicode Conversion Guidelines".

There are many functions available for directly manipulating DOS flat files if this is what you are looking for.

Hi,
This document is exactly why I wrote that this was the right post at the right time... I downloaded it and found all the necessary conversions for Windows code pages and EO Unicode... However I did not find anything related to MS-DOS codepage... As I work in Hungary I have to use a couple of special Eastern-European characters which are different in Win and MS-DOS codepages. Some third party applications still use MS-DOS codepage.
Again, thanks a lot!
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

for information
I just use the for and to unicode conversion. Eveythings is working fine.
And the Unicode format seems to be used with Office Xp without any troubles.

Back