Troubles with using RANGE on a Calc'd field as Data Selection

ssolberg

VIP Member
Troubles with using RANGE on a Calc\'d field as Data Selection

I have a calculated field (EXTCOST) in my WW that is nothing more than qty on hand from F41021 * Unit Cost from F4105 so I can get an Extended Cost. The field is a 2 decimal field for output. I now want to use that field as Data Selection. It seems to work just fine if I am doing a EQ, or LT, or GT type selections. If I say "less than $10" for data selections, it show as "LT 10" in the data selection screen, even if I type "10.00" for the data selection. It appears to work fine, though. If I put a RANGE in and try to put in "10.00 (to) 100.00", it comes back with values of "1000 10000"?? Here's where it gets strange... If I just go back into the selection with a '5', do nothing, when I come back out to the main selection screen, the values now both have 2 more zeros added to the end. If it do a '5' again, it adds yet another 2 zeros, etc... I have physically gone into the F82105 & F82106 files and FIXED the values and the WW works fine until I "look" at the data selection again with a '5'. I'm stumped...

Programmer/Developer/Anything-They-Give-Me
World A7.3 c11

Re: Troubles with using RANGE on a Calc\'d field as Data Selection

Well, I got my answer... It was a bug and is fixed in cume 12 (sar 3781332). "Is there a paper fix?" Nope... Crap. And speaking of World Writer, anyone ever hear about getting a "big WW update PTF with all the new enhancements" that Treasure hinted at on the forum some time ago? Treasure, are you out there? Any update? Hopefully the fix above would be in it as well... I could really use all that stuff yesterday!

Programmer/Developer/Anything-They-Give-Me
World A7.3 c11

RE: Troubles with using RANGE on a Calc\'d field as Data Selection

We have a WW with the same problem. Will be nice to see the updates.
I haven't checked the list of WW SR's lately, but it would be nice to see
the Group/Version printed at the top LHS of the report. We currently have
users manually add this to the 3rd heading line, but they often forget when
copying a report and it's hard to back-track from a printed report and
identify which version it was run from.

Tony Payne - Senior Systems Analyst
Selmer-UMI
Elkhart, Indiana 46516

Back