Table trigger issue

Vasu_JDE

Well Known Member
I did a modification on F4209 in the table event rules. Something funny happens. I build the trigger in DV. Till the time I am in the session all works fine. Once I log out and log in, the old trigger (ZJDE0001) starts working and the mod stop working. Again I have to build the trigger and it works for that session. Can someone out there throw some light on this? Thanks

Thanks a lot

Regards

Hi Online,

Generally usefull to attach the systeem configuration, that yoou missed in your original post.

Mainly in your issue, the system configuration could be very important.

1.) What is your release (version) and SP level?
2.) Did you changed the Table Trigger on a fat client or on a terminal server client, or on other?
3.) What kind of Enterprise and Deployment servers do you use?
4.) What kind of Operating System do you use on client and server site?

Finally:
How did you build the Table Trigger?

Help us to help you.

Regards,

Zoltán

I am sorry I should have done that in the first place

It is Xe, Sp20
I did change the trigger on a fat client. Not on the termianl server.
Enterprise server - AS/400 , Deployment is NT
Client OS is Win2000 and OS/400.

How did I build the trigger. clicked on the Build table trigger in OMW which gives me following messages. this is to change the version of the P43081 to be called. JDE has hardcoded it to ZJDE0001.

Generating Makefile: C:\B7\DV7333\obj\JDBTRG2.mak
Makefile generated.

Building business functions.

************JDBTRG2************

F4209.c
Replacing F4209.obj
jdertdll.c
Creating library C:\B7\DV7333\lib32\JDBTRG2.lib and object C:\B7\DV7333\lib32\JDBTRG2.exp

************Build Finished************

JDBTRG2.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s): Built successfully.

Hi,

Im not sure wheather this will work or not but its my suggestion to try.

Refresh ur table specs in AS400.Sometimes if u do any cahnges in tables its better to refresh the specs of table.

We have found that there is a setting on our 400 Enterprise Server in the INI that specifies that table triggers will run from WPD7333. So anytime we mod a trigger we have to get the users to test in a non-W environment - even from the Citrix server before it is moved to PD. Hope this helps.

Found more information.

Title 5809782 JDB3800023 - FALLBACK TRIGGER LIBRARY JDBTRIG NOT LOADED. SystemH91

If you are testing a new table trigger in DV and the default pathcode in JDE.INI is PY, OW is loading the JDBTRG libraries from PY instead of DV. The workaround on a OW Client is to either change the default pathcode to DV in the JDE.INI or to promote the table trigger to PY in order to test the trigger in DV. The same principle would apply on the server side when OW services is started on the server. However, in a Production environment, the default pathcode in JDE.INI would be PD and we do not recommend changing the default pathcode on the server side if all instances of OW are installed on the same server box. The workaround would be to promote the trigger to PD so that it can be tested in DV.

Thanks Jason , I will try this out. Although i tried changing the Jde.ini on my client, which was PD. I changed it to DV not the trigger works in DV even if I log out and log in, that is it does not apply only to the session. So first step has been resolved. Now I will promote it to PY and then check by changing the ini to point to PY. Our PY works on citrix. I will post once the issue has been resolved. Thanks everyone for the post. I will appreciate your posts if you have any more ideas. I will also try building the spec for F4209 on the server. I will take one step at a time and then check. Thanks again all.
Regards

Back