Strange free goods problem

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all! We have a strange problem with free goods.

We create an adjustment with 10 EA in "From level" In free goods setup, we award 1 EA and in "qty per ordered" we set 10

We expect to award 1 EA free good for each multiple of 10 EA ordered so
10-19 EA = 1 FG,
20-29 EA = 2 FG
30-39 EA = 3 FG
etc,

BUT!
The system awards free goods in this fashion
0-9 EA = no FG (OK)
10 EA = 1 FG (OK)
11, 12, 13 and 14 EA = still 1 FG (OK)
15 EA = 2 FG (Wrong)

the pattern is
10-14 EA = 1 FG
15-24 EA = 2 FG
25-34 EA = 3 FG
and so on..

I'm a bit puzzled, have no idea where this multiplier/treshold of 5 EA is coming from.. The adjustment is not defined as Sliding adjustment
Any tips are gratefully accepted

E1 9.0

It's acting like the Quantity Per Ordered field has a 5, not a 1.

Read the helps for that field (FQTY). For each increment of 'Quantity Per' past the threshold you should receive another 'quantity ordered' amount.

From the help: ( I don't remember if I wrote these helps c1993)
For example, if the From Level is 10 and the Quantity Per Ordered is 3, the customer receives additional free goods when the order is for 13 or more.

The customer receives free goods for ordering a value that reaches the defined level break. Additionally, the customer receives free goods for every multiple of the value in the Quantity Per Ordered field over the From Level. In our example, the customer receives free goods for ordering at least 10 and also for every multiple of 3 over 10. If the order is for 25, the customer receives the number of free goods in the Quantity Ordered field, multiplied by 5. Five represents every multiple of 3 past the From Level. The From Level is 10, so additional free goods are awarded for the following quantities: 13, 16, 19, 22, and 25.

Hi all!

Yes, it sure does act like QPO would be 5 but it is set to 10 so there is clearly an error somewhere..

I logged this with Oracle and they could not duplicate the error but referred to an ESU that may fix this.. It was originally released to fix a similar prpóblem where quantity fields have decimals... Weäll try this and see what happens...

/Aarto

Back