select statement

MarcelEndema

MarcelEndema

Hi list,

in the select statement it is possible to use the operator
~
¯
Sounds like ?; nearly equal.

What are the matching criteria/percentage for this operator if I use this for a number/string ?

Thanx

I don't think there is an operator available for select statement. I think "Event Rule" is the only solution for your problem. I may be wrong.

Marcel,

Did you try to use the LIKE symbol somewhere? I was unsure where you were referring so I looked in Report Data Selection and..... didn't see it there, I looked in UBE Event Rules in System Functions and didn't see the capability there, I looked in FDA ER and didn't see the capability there, Then I looked in FDA Table IO Select and clicked on the button and found that you can use this in Table IO. I tried this in a test APPL for both string and numeric type. The string option worked well with input like %SD%. The numeric option would error out if trying to type '%' in the field, however I got something interesting when I just put a number in without the percent sign, but it wasn't the LIKE function. I checked the jdedebug.log and saw that the SELECT statement generated used >=.

Ben again

The like operator is available using the Table IO "Select" function. It works just like it would in SQL. While I have only used the '%' wild card I would assume you could use any of the standard wild card characters available in SQL. The like operator is used on strings.
|
|

thank you all for the reactions !
in the file i/o select statement %Variable% or Variable%
works great with the LIKE operator !

There is one exception:
When I try this 'trick' on a business view I don't get the expected results ?

Marcel Endema

Marcel,

The business view probably reacts differently since it is already a result of a SELECT statement and the toolset does not yet have the capability of applying new selection criteria to it. -- Just a guess

If you are so inclined you might see what SQL is generated in jdedebug.log without the LIKE and then add the LIKE once to a field that doesn't show up in the original SQL's WHERE clause and then once to a field that does.

Ben again

Ben,

I made a (stupid) mistake in a (combined) business view.
After solving this the problem was still the same.
Only after logging of from OneWorld and logging on again the problem was solved
ergo tables or view act the same way !

Thank you for your reaction

Marcel

I have tried this using in an NER and it doesn't seem to work there. Any one has tried using % and Like operator in an NER?

[ QUOTE ]
I have tried this using in an NER and it doesn't seem to work there. Any one has tried using % and Like operator in an NER?

[/ QUOTE ]

U need to provide more info..
- How exactly are u using it? (What does the select statement look like?)
- What does "it doesn't seem to work" mean? Be more explicit.. How exactly does it behave? Did u check the generated select-statement in jdedebug.log?

Back
Top Bottom