Sales Order Z process

rkumar

Can anybody tell me which Z-process to use for sales order upload. I found a document for Address Book batch Processing on Knowledge Garden. Is there a similar document for sales order batch processing? I really appreciate for all your input on this.

Thanks,

Raj

OW B7332 / SP 19 / NT / SQL 2000

Thanks, how about any documentation on this Z-process. I mean the required fields for this z-tables. Just like the document I found on Knowledge garden on Address book Z-tables.

Thanks, I am not sure if this the Z-Process I want to use to upload Sales
Order table. My requirement is: I want to build some kind of interface
(middleware) between FoxPro database and OneWorld tables. I was loading
FoxPro data into a SQL hold table and then load this data to the Sales Order
Table z-table. Then run R42101Z.

Note: Reading the attachment you sent, I understand Inbound transactions
are supported through the EDI model only.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Raj

Re: RE: Sales Order Z process

H Raj

I haven't used any Z-files for sales orders, but do know that interfacing through the EDI files R47011, R47012 (and R47006) works very well. Either though flat file conversion (R47002C) or by creating your own table conversion program.
From memory the required fields are:

EDTY: '1' for headers, 2 for details and 6 for overwrite addresses
EKCO, EDOC and EDCT; just a sequential number you can assign from your 3rd party system with the doc type you want to use and the company no
EDST: 850 for Sales Orders
EDER: R for receiving
EDLN: Line number for EDTY =2 only
EDSP: Processed flag should be blank
Any other information you want to upload eg AN8, SHAN, MCU, LITM, SOQS, UPRC, LTTR, EMCU, NXTR, VR01, dates, etc

I am sure Knowledge Garden has some more documentation. just do a search on EDI and 850

Good luck,
Sef

Could you kindly show me the direction to obtain the attachment. Cant find it in the posts here.

Hi Raj,
I - You may want to use the P4004Z to enter manually a sample Z_order.
Next, you may go and see how the three Z tables (F4001Z Header, F4011Z Detail and (?)F0041Z1 Transaction were populated.
After that you could run the R40211Z and have your real Sale Orders generated.
II - Based upon the above described process you may implement:
1 - A View over your FOREIGN FoxPro table (our honorable JDELister Christian Audet did that some months ago)
2 - An APPL to see your FoxPro data in OW
3 - A UBE to populate the Z files based on your FoxPro data; you may consider setting this UBE up to run as a subsystem job
4 - The rest is a standard OW Z-process functionality
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel
PS It would be nice if you feed us back with what/how you accomplished it.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and suggestions. I will try Adrian's and Sef's suggestion. Presently we are upgrading to Xe. Update follows. Any more ideas are welcome.

Thanks again

Raj

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• 44401-b7333iit.chm
    366.8 KB · Views: 268
I beg to differ Sir,

1 - OK, the term "upload" from his first message could be somewhat misleading ... BUT,
2 - In a later message, the process of transferring data FROM FoxPro TO OW is explained in detail, therefore
3 - My educated guess is that he's looking for the INbound process (versus your attached Interoperability help file, that explains - helas - only the OUTbound one).

But thank you for your kindness,
Adrian Chimirel

Back