Sales Customer Notes

Starforce2011

Starforce2011

Sales Customer Notes

Dear fellows;

I need your kind recommendations.

We use JDE World version in AS400 environment.

Normally in my previous company , I was able to enter sales customer notes (message in text) to the specific customers, so that our users who raise the sales order were becoming able to view the poping up this note and were acting according to this.

For example; some new legal regulation shall be applied to the customer. Then you write the specific (user defined) notes/message from :

Distribution Menu.....Enter Sales Customer Notes (J550116) and the sales ordering guy who raises the sales order would see this message in the screen in the header part of the order, and then he/she will take the required action according to that while going ahead with the order.

In my prior company , this option was available under the Distribution menu. But , now in my current company we do not have it in JDE. As the job number is J550116 , might it be inactive in JDE or shall be added?

(*) NOTE: The attached screen is from my one of the previous companies. I would like to have it for my current company's JDE. I enclosed it as an example to describe what I want to have.

Please kindly help me how can I use this utility?
Many thanks and regards,
Ozgur

Attachments

• 177479-Sales Customer Notes (Warning Messages Poping Up in Sales Order Header).pdf
    138.2 KB · Views: 81
Re: Sales Customer Notes

[ QUOTE ]
Dear fellows;

I need your kind recommendations.
We use JDE World version in AS400 environment.

Normally in my previous company , I was able to enter sales customer notes (message in text) to the specific customers,

[...]

In my prior company , this option was available under the Distribution menu. But , now in my current company we do not have it in JDE. As the job number is J550116 , might it be inactive in JDE or shall be added?

[...]

Please kindly help me how can I use this utility?

Many thanks and regards,
Ozgur

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozgur -

Unfortunately for you, J55016 and the program/screeen that go with it was a custom application that was developed either by or for your previous employer.

However, the base JDE Sales Order Entry application allows notes to be entered at both the header and the line item level, from within programs P4210 or P4211.

Regards,

J55 would tell me this is customer written code, not JDE code.=C2=A0 So you r prior company wrote custom code that does not exist at your new company. =C2=A0 That is what the "55" code means - something you should have learned by now.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Steve / John;

Many thanks for your kind helps and valuable recommendations.

Kind Regards,
Ozgur

Back