Row Exited & Changed Asynch

JDEUser001

Hi,

Please let me know if we can make the Headerless detail form to automatically execute event rules in "Row Exited & Changed Asynch" event with out manually changing the values
on the grid.

I have a situation where I am setting the Grid cell error using the Text Substitution error message on the Ok button by reading all the grid rows but the error message is not populating for all the grids. It is showing just once. But when I use the same Text substitution error business function in "Row Exited & Changed Asych" it is populating
multiple time which is what I want.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Jack.

Hi Jack,
:-D

>>"by reading all the grid rows but the error message is not populating for all the grids. It is showing just once"

Q0.) What is your system configuration?
Q1.) Is it a custom Form/Appl or a modified original one?
Q2.) How do you "read" the grid rows (e.g. with GetGridRow system function)?

Could be a solution to set the "Repeat for Grid" option on OK Button Clicked event?

>>"automatically execute event rules in "Row Exited & Changed Asynch" event with out manually changing the values on the grid."

Try to add a hidden dummy grid column and populate it in one of the following events:
- Write Grid Line After
- Last Grid Record has been Read
- Add last entry Row to the Grid

Let us know your progress,

Zoltán

Thanks Zoltán,

Q0.)What is your system configuration?
A)We are using B733 and SP18.1
Q1.) Is it a custom Form/Appl or a modified original one?
A) This is the custom Form (Headerless detail)
Q2.) How do you "read" the grid rows (e.g. with GetGridRow system function)?
A) Reading the grids using the GetMaxGridRows and using the GetGridRow in while loop.

I tried using the Repeat for Grid but it did not work. I tried to insert some dummy records on to grid but it is not working.

I will do some more investigation and let you know the progress.

Thanks
Jack.

There is a bug/feature in the tool, the error messages attached to a grid line, do not stay with that grid line, if they are issued outside the grid events.
i.e. As you've found out in the OK button.

A couple of things.
1). Why can't you do this checked when the row is exited (instead of waiting for the OK button).
2). I would add a hidden GC field on the grid, and set this on (in the OK button) when you want the grid line to have the error message.
3). in OK, set on error against the FIRST grid line (to stop OK from processing into the post ok).
4). In Row is exited async, if the GC flag field (this field, could contain the error message to display) is on, set on the error message.

Now, if you do the above, press OK, and not all lines have the error message, until you press OK again, you will also need to do the following:
1). Crate an error message "System Event in progress"
2). Add form variable frm_cDoubleClickOK
3). in OK, when errors are being set, set frm_cDoubleClickOK =3D "Y", press OK, then clear message on the OK button.
4). At beginning of OK, when frm_cDoubleClickOK =3D "Y", set on error "system event in progress" against OK button, set frm_cDoubleClickOK =3D "N",
and then stop processing.

Hope that helps.

8.11 is web only, but the development toolset is not changing, meaning you will still have a "fat" client to perform development and still have a Windows based deployment server. I'm sure they will have new tools, but the coding is still the same. They've done something to the middleware to prevent a "fat client" from running applications, but they're supposed to have a tool for instantly running a HTML app you are designing.

Regards,

Back