Processing Tab characters in a txt file

DaveBarber

I am wrting a UBE that is importing JDE.logs from the server to a workfile using the custom READ TEXT LINE bsfn posted and discussed previously on the list.

The business function is functioning well and i am able to bring the text file line into the UBE with no problems.

However, I am encountering a problem when attempting to write the text line to the workfile. If the text line has no tab characters in it then the full line is written to the file.

However, if the text line has tab characters or spaces then the text line gets truncated at the point after the first tab character.

This is a big problem as the JDE.LOG contains many tab chars.

Does anyone know of a way of managing this either by a JDE/C business function or external process that could be run over the text file prior to importing it to the UBE?

i see there is a posting for the 23/10/01 from Christian Audet that mentions a test business function he has written that appears to address thus issue. Has anyone developed this further or has any more info on how to put this into practice (I have no C programming skills)

any help much appreciated.

Dave Barber
OW xe SP18.1 Oracle on NT.

Try using the Business Function RemoveIllegalCharacterForAString (B1702080).

regards,

I have found that RemoveIllegaCharacterfromString only strips out the last tab char.

What i eventually did was cut and paste a tab char from a wordpad document onto the Event Rule code for the input parm used in bsfn Replace Character in a string.
This removes all tabs and replaces them with blanks apart from the last one.
I tidied this up using the RemoveIllegaCharacterfromString bsfn afterwards.

Back