Printqueue file format change after SP24 upgrade

Kieran

Kieran

Hi all

We completed a SP24 upgrade on our iSeries in the weekend and have problems viewing PDFs that were created before the upgrade. As part of the SP24 upgrade we used the new printqueue file delivered with SP24 and then I ran this command to copy over the records to the new file

CPYF FROMFILE(B7333SYSBK/PRINTQUEUE) TOFILE(B7333SYS/PRINTQUEUE) FROMMBR(*ALL) TOMBR(*FROMMBR) MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*YES)

Unfortunately the Printqueue file format has changed from a *SRC to *DATA and some of the members got truncated. The old file had 3 fields each 266 long and the new one is 1 field with a length of 512!

This wasn't picked up in the golive testing and now we are in an awkward place where some of the preupgrade PDFs are not viewable anymore and they have run a bunch of reports since golive in the SP24 file.

I found a document on the KG (626220.1) but when I try to insert a record from the old printqueue to the new printqueue file I get a message that the record has been truncated.

Has anyone else struck this before and what workaround did you find?

Here is the info from the KG document mentioned:-

This workaround is a way to copy Members from pre-sp22 Printqueue files to SP22 Printqueue files.

The workaround for this issue is as follows:

CPY OBJ(<FROMPATH>) TOOBJ(<TMPPATH>) SYMLNK(*NO) DTAFMT(*BINARY) Where <FROMPATH> is /QSYS.LIB/<SP21 JDE LIB>.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/<MBR NAME TO MOVE OVER TO SP22>.MBR

eg: FROMPATH=/QSYS.LIB/B7333SYS.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/F22.MBR<TMPPATH> is: /TMP(or any other temp folder in IFS)/MBR_NAME

eg:TMPPATH=/TMP/F22 CPYFRMSTMF FROMSTMF(<TMPPATH>) TOMBR(<TOPATH>) MBROPT(*ADD) CVTDTA(*NONE) ENDLINFMT(*FIXED) TABEXPN(*NO) <TOPATH> is: /QSYS.LIB/<SP22 JDE LIB>.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/<MBR NAME TO CREATE IN SP22>.MBR

eg: TOPATH=/QSYS.LIB/B7334SYS.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/F33.MBR

Thanks
Kieran

SP24.1.2 AS400 V6R1 Xe

Back