P4210 work file or cache

Rayxue

Well Known Member
Hi List
Does anyone know which work file or cache be used at sales order entry P4210, especially for sale order detail line data. It looks like P4210 use B4200310 which use F42UI01, F42UI11 and F42UI12 as work tables for data on the screen, but I don’t see any record be generated before sales order F4211 created. I use debug to stop APPL at Row / OK event rule.

Thanks for any advise
Ray

P4210 uses a cache in memory by default, but you can force it to use the F42UI01 and F42UI11 by changing a couple of ER variables.

In Sales Order Header, Dialog is Initialized, change
VA frm_EV22_cCacheOn = "2" to be "1" instead.

Make the same change in Sales Order Detail Revisions, Dialog is Initialized.

This tells the Sales Order Master Business Function to use the work tables instead of cache. Then change it back when you're done. You might notice it runs slower against the work tables. It was changed to use cache to help performance.

Enjoy.

If you change to tables instead of cache in P4210 by changing the flags in ER code, be careful, only do this to debug or experiment. Some things may not work correctly if jdeCache is not used.

If you don't mind further question is "Can I handle list price freely". So far cache by memory, I can enter list price in grid row (I modified APPL to get LPRC from BV), after curcor move to next line then the value of list price be saved in grid, I can move back first line and change list price again, but after place order, F4211 be saved with FIRST keyed list price always.
Are there anyway I can save list price at F4211 as same as user see on screen ?
If list price saveed in work table, I may work around to update list price value in work table (does it make sense ? or risk ?).

Please advise
Ray

As said above there are lot of repurcations if you switch to WF instead of cache. I suggest that you build your own cache or WF to store your own price and check if user change it in the scenarios as you said. Retrieve from your cache or WF if they modify previous records.

Thanks,

Chan

Depending on your version of E1 - Review:

- B42000310
- B42000311
- B42000312

The lines of code in the functions are so numerous, that the developer tools could not handle.... Anyone guessing when lucky 13 is coming out?

(db)

Back