Object Librarian

coljp

Well Known Member
hi friends,

I am trying to do checkuot of an APPL from the OL (P9860), but this one trumps and damages the spec of the application. If I do it from the OMW there is no problem. What must I modify in OL (P9860), in order that it does not damage the spec?
thanks,
ERP8.0, SQL2000, Win2000, sp 22

In spanish:
hola amigos,

Estoy intentando hacer checkuot de una APPL desde el OL (P9860), pero este falla y daña los spec de la aplicacion. Si lo hago desde el OMW no hay problema. Que debo modificar en el OL (P9860), para que no me dañe los spec?
gracias,

Hi,

Sorry for my reply but STOP USING Object Librarian. It is not supported and you will get spec corruption. P9860 should only be used for inquire only.

OMW is a great tool, used it.

Hi Juan,

I totally agree with Adrian.

Why do you want to use P9860 for other task(s) than inquiry?

Regards,

Zoltán

ok, but is not it logical that the spec get damaged when I work from the P9860, should they work not?,

thanks

Hi Juan,

"but is not it logical that the spec get damaged when I work from the P9860"

It is logical (at least for me).

If you do not modify P9860 and/or do not set the really officially unpublished jde.ini setting, then starting P9860, you get a message to use OMW and P9860 exits.

JDE/PSFT left P9860 in the system, but did not developed all object handling enhancement in it. 8.9 already does not contain P9860. (This happened with the old P0101 Address Book application too in earlier releases)

I worked on XE more years long, but I was never enough brave to make any other action in P9860 than read-only actions.

I really do not understand your surprise and why do you suppose, that Chek-In/Out should work in P9860.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back