New to JDE World

srinivas13

Hi to everyone. Iam new to JDE,my background is AS/400.Now my company is upgrading JDE from A7.2 to A9.2.So,please provide some documents which can help me to understand the JDE whole.i had a7.2 documents.

We just upgraded from A7.3 cum 13 to A9.2 cum 1. We also went to mult-currency. Right now, it is a huge nightmare, because many things are working like we expected them to. I won't go into all the problems we are experiencing, but here's a few tips that might help:

I hope you have someone who knows JDE very well, better yet, someone who has had experience upgrading JDE software to assist you with this upgrade.

There should be some documentation from Oracle explaining the changes betweem A7.2 and A9.2.

If you are switching to multi-currency, be sure you understand fully how it works within JDE. Oracle has some documentation on this.

If you are using any pc software such as Optio or Showcase, you may need to upgrade those packages as well.

If you are using EDI, will it work with the A9.2?

If your company has made any custom changes to A7.2, you will need to decide if you are going to retrofit them or not.

Also when you get a chance, study the following manuals:

Common foundations
Technical Foundations
Advanced Programming Concepts and Skills

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck on this.

Back