Multiple Production Ports on Webservers

dmbujak

Well Known Member
We have put up multiple production ports on 3 production web servers (for example port 90, 91, 92) and they are load balanced using Cisco router. The servers are 4 way, 3.33 ghz, 8 gigs of memory, and we have put a custom JSP page on the servers to load balance them across all three ports. The enterprise server is an AS400 with mulitple LPARS. Conceptually, can anybody tell me why this architecture will not work? Or if there are pieces of the architecture that will not work properly? We are trying to take full advantage of the server by loading the multiple ports on each machine. I have a feeling there may be problems with the server cache and running the vertical (custom JSP) load balancing. We have seen some sporadic issues where applications will not run for certain users. If we move those users having issues to another server, they function completely fine. Just looking for ideas.

This is for XE, SP23_I2, WAS 5.02, HTTP 2.x running compression.

Take a look at "Eliminating the Use of Port Numbers in EnterpriseOne JAS/HTTP" here and see if that helps. It is something I wrote a while back but the concepts are the same.

The whole thing uses name-based virtual hosting. I continue to be suprised that more people don't use this concept.

Jeff

[ QUOTE ]
We have put up multiple production ports on 3 production web servers (for example port 90, 91, 92) and they are load balanced using Cisco router. The servers are 4 way, 3.33 ghz, 8 gigs of memory, and we have put a custom JSP page on the servers to load balance them across all three ports. The enterprise server is an AS400 with mulitple LPARS. Conceptually, can anybody tell me why this architecture will not work? Or if there are pieces of the architecture that will not work properly? We are trying to take full advantage of the server by loading the multiple ports on each machine. I have a feeling there may be problems with the server cache and running the vertical (custom JSP) load balancing. We have seen some sporadic issues where applications will not run for certain users. If we move those users having issues to another server, they function completely fine. Just looking for ideas.

This is for XE, SP23_I2, WAS 5.02, HTTP 2.x running compression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back