Media Objects in 8.10 on AS400

SteveRV

Hi,

We are looking to store and MAINTAIN rich text information IN JDE so that we can feed our online product catalogue.

The text information is usually pasted from a Windows Document (Word or Excel) and needs to retain some of the information like special characters, CR / LF characters and tabulations so that we can itomise the product information in a bullet point format and control line wrap.

I do not need to store the font style size etc..., only the data.

We have looked at media objects and not sure we have covered everything. We thought about hosting text files on the deployment server and create the link in the media object file but that does not allow us to maintain the text files FROM JDE so that won't work as we want a single point of entry to maintain our product information and the rest is all kept within JDE.

Would anyone have a solution or an alternative we could look into?

Thank you!
Steve

Our commercial One Attachment Manager software offers API's for MO manipulation...

Steve,

not a helpful suggestion but a question:

Do you REALLY want Rich Text format for a online catalog?

I ask because web pages are html or html derivatives and browsers typically don't support RTF directly.

Beginning at some Tools Release level Oracle enabled customers to switch from storing Text Media Objects as RTF to HTML. You might want to look into that.

Cheers,

You are right, for the sake of comprehension I used RTF but all we want is the ability to support CR / LF, tabulations and special characters like degrees, trademark and copyright symbols (among others).

Our LynX Business Integrator product allows you to do upload/update media objects through web services.

Back