manufacturing journal entries R31802

samy

Dear All

Some of the IC in the F4111 are not posted (still at IPCD='S'). But the Work orders are closed. If I create and run a version of the R31802 for the closed work orders , is it going to poste the IPCD='S' F4111 lines only? Or all the lines, even those have been already posted?
Thank you

Although I am not sure about your query. Please note that the R31802, never posts a Journal Entry, it creates unposted JEs. To have JE posted you always have to use the post program (R09801). So it might be that these closed WO have already unposted JE (check P0011, batch type 0).

Hope this helps.

Saskia

I took it for granted that all machine generated JE's would get Posted & IPCD would be blank. Looking at F4111 I note that this "S" is normally set by a WO Issue, Completion or SO Ship Confirm P31113/P31114/P4205.

The other Poster here is correct. Posting has nothing to do with R31802. In fact, R31802 will do nothing, for a closed WO, as I assume there are no Unaccounted Units on the WO. Nothing should post a JE twice. However, I also note that R31802 appears to set it to blank. I could be wrong but check this.

I guess my question is this - why didn't R31802 update your Cardex? What was the last PID against the F4111 record? Is it ER31802? If not then it may indicate that the WO's were closed manually and R31802 wasn't run. This will be a problem if the are still Unnaccounted Units in F4801, F3111 and F3112.

One other thing to check is, was R31802 being run at the same time as when the WO Completion was being done? If so, you may miss the IC being processed correctly. We've run into this in the past, and have had to move our R31802 batch job to run in an off-peak time.

System works with unaccounted quantities and values stores in table F3102. Depending on OW version, you may have issues on unaccounted quantities (cleared when updating WO interactively).

By default IC (and IM) transactiosn are without GLDATE in F4111. R31082 reads and updates F4111 with ILDOCO = WO# and ILTREF = 'WO' ...this last selection is strange , developers should have used ILDCTO = 'WO' instead but this is like this !!!

Did you force any other values in ILTREF ?
Do you create IC transactions using P31114 ?

regards
D.

We are having some issues explaining work order variances, especially engineering variances. The majority of our work has highlighted improvement opportunities in the product costing process.

We are currently trying to understand/document where the R31802 pulls information when populating fields on the F3102. The following fields are in question:

CLUN - actual units
CLAT - actual amount
CCCU - current units
CCCA - current amount
CPUN - planned units
CPAT - planned amount

Again, what we are looking for is the specific field(s) and/or calculations of these six fields.

Thank you in advance.

Back