iSeries Services not Starting correctly or passing Port Test

=A0=0AHi Jean,=0A=0AFollowing points may help you to resolve the issue.=0A I. You may reset the password for JDE profile to JDE and give it a try.=0A2 heck for the Datasource definitions for DV=0A4> The XE Installation manual suggests for a few quick checks in case PORTEST fails, you can refer that a lso.=0A=0ARegards,=0AGary.=0A=0AOn Tue, 19 Oct 2004 Jean_Driscoll wrote : ted back up. unfortunately I still can't get port test to work. here is t he message I am receiving: Socket error on recv: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that soc=0A>ket.=0A>Initialization of environment fail ed - rcode =3D 0=0A>In the joblog is this message: Cannot resolve to object QSOC. Type and Subtype X'0401' Authority X'000 which is a library that I don't have on the system, never have. I don't have the library on my produ ction system either and port test is working fine over there.=0A>I'm thinki ng somehow I turned on some function like interoperability by mistake, but I don't remember doing anything last week to this iSeries, at all.=0A>It's so frustrating, all that the PS tech is doing is having me go through the p ort test paper over and over. He'!=0A>s not listening.=0A>Jean Driscoll=0A e JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.=0A>The instructions on how to unsubsc ribe from any JDELIST mailing list are available=0A>here=0A>.=0A>JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE.=0A=0A=0A

under netstat I don't have any active connections to my Production server (where the datasource System - B7333 resides) But that is the error I'm getting, unable to connect to System - B7333, and that is the gist of the problem. I can connect from the problem server to Production, via telnet, ftp. I have verified a couple of times that the edrsql server is running on both servers.

Do you know how to test the edrsql capability outside of JDE?

As a developer the only way I can think of is writing a embedded SQL program, do a CONNECT to the remote system DB (first need to make sure it’s setup in the RDBDIRE) then OPEN a file and FETCH record, put program under debug and see what SQL error code returned.
You may also want to check the password level system value (QPWDLVL) to see if both systems are the same.

I restored those other two sql packages. no help. any other ideas? I did finally get transferred to Denver from India, and they are trying to reproduce the error now.

Attachments

• 80862-Jde-jdedebug after porttest.doc
    96 KB · Views: 201
thanks for the suggestion to debug SQL. Yes both systems have the same password level (I did double check). They have been working together for years now.

Attachments

• 80863-jdelog after portest w sec server off.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 268
i was able to successfully connect to the production server and execute SQL statements against it's tables and see the open connection under netstat, so I don't think this is a connection issue. thanks again for the idea.

Sysuser wasn't disabled somehow was it? I have some vague memory of connection issues revolving around that once.

Re: RE: iSeries Services not Starting correctly or passing Port Test

Thanks for the suggestion. SYSUSER would be a system user that your organization setup as a system user associated with your Oneworld profiles? I did check, as that issue has bitten me before, but both JDE and other profiles are having no problems signing onto OneWorld in that environment, just having problems submitting jobs (and porttest). And I've checked the PRINTQUEUE file, it has 0 members at this point, so it's not that issue.

Thanks for all of your help. I have resolved the issue by applying an IBM PTF:
Sent email to client with PTF needed to resolve V5R2 DBDR issue with server to server communication.
SI14585 (V5R2)

We had the same exact error. We found that we recently had just added a new environment. We found that our Server Mapping file F98611 was getting corrupt. We found that we didn't have the proper environments in the planner machine id and also needed to also resynch our planner R9840C. After restoring a backup of the server mapped file F98611 and running the R9840C and added the proper environments to the machine id for this server on the planner we could now added our new environments without having this error and the ube issue....

Back