E9.2 Indenting JRuby or Groovy script

How did we not know this?
🙂
Especially as the script editor tries to do indenting for you as you go but does a really hopeless job of it.

[Edit] Tab just wipes any selection and replaces it with a Tab.
The WORST thing about the script editor us that Undo and Ctrl-Z do nothing. Accidentally delete pages of unsaved work and it's goneburger.

Last edited:
How did we not know this?
🙂
Especially as the script editor tries to do indenting for you as you go but does a really hopeless job of it.
yeah.... the autotype and autoindent messes me up and takes way more time to clean up than it would have saved if i'd used everything exactly how the ONE PROGRAMMER WHO TOSSED THE FUNCTIONALITY IN might use it. auto format when we ask it to? yes! auto-complete/auto-indent? NO. i smell another enh request.

Don't you just love trying to satisfy mission critical business needs without a product that is primitive, buggy and undocumented?

Don't you just love trying to satisfy mission critical business needs without a product that is primitive, buggy and undocumented?
ummmm, welcome to JDE? :D

I'm quite a fan of almost everything Orchestrator despite its quirks, so I suppose I'm a bit biased :)

Hi Dave. As a long term JDE user, you can put me firmly in the fan category too (that goes for all things JDE), but the way this product has been delivered is shameful and an embarrassment. Remember, we paying premium prices for low bar delivery.

I had no idea, but accidentally discovered that if you select your whole script (ctrl-A) then shift-Tab it will re-indent the code nicely.
Awesome, thanks for this! Was always dumping it out to reformat and pasting back.

I had no idea, but accidentally discovered that if you select your whole script (ctrl-A) then shift-Tab it will re-indent the code nicely.
Thanks for this awesome news, i do this task with ChatGPT and copy - paste

Back