How to copy R42565?

lovvyrules

Hello everyone,

I copied the batch application R42565 to R56565 and its PO T42565 to T56565. When i launch the batch R56565 it does not run and i get many errors for the data structure. where can i get the data structure name to make a copy and assign it to the batch copied?

is it a problem with the data structure only or i must do some other configurations? please help.

thanks.

When you copied the UBE, did you notice if you copied it for UPDATE?

good point from daniel. furthermore: what errors exactly are the "many errors for the data structure"?

I am interested in the "Data Structure" comment also. I coped an Aging report and its associated Processing Option Template (Data Structure). However, when I promoted it to PY and PD, the Processing Options were blank (the base window came up but the Processing Options were not there).

In the thick client, they would appear but the tabs did not have any descriptions and the field has the default Alias descriptions.

This is on 8.12

L,

Did you copy the UBE 'Separate' from the 'Processing Options'?

I should have been more eloquent in my response. Let's double-check the process you used to copy - by doing a new copy.

Select your R42565 in OMW and press Copy:
- Enter the new name of the report you want to use (R564256B)
- Select the 'Copy the Following Processing Option' check-box
- Select the 'Update Report' radial button
Press OK

Your next screen gives you the opportunity to copy the Processing Option Data Structure - let's tag it T564256B (this will embed the newly named Processing Option structure into your new UBE)

Now Create a Version - and the report should (amend with disclaimer) act exactly like the original.

You shouldn't have to tie any of the NEW Processing Option data structure into the NEW UBE.

Also - don't forget to open up the ER and do some ER-Validation (just for sanity check).

(db)

hah, yes, copying the proc options template separately from the ube, and then going into rda to replace the original template by the copied template will of course not work since you'll lose the link between your report and the PO-variables. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, since i just did a small test, and upon saving & exiting the UBE when the ER are validated (mind you: NOT when running the UBE as the poster led us to believe), the "data structure errors" are thrown (See below).

lovvyrules: delete your copied objects, and re-create them the way daniel described above, and you should have no errors. one more note: although the tool allows you to "share" the same proc option template by two ube's, my advice is to avoid this and always copy the proc option template to a new object when copying a ube. since future changes to one ube might require changes to its proc option template. changes that might not apply to the other ube.

EVENT RULE VALIDATION LOG

UBE - R5642565 - Print Invoices

Created : Fri May 27 16:00:07 2011

/* CER ERROR #3007 : Invalid datastructure or member */
Function Name: S1_0_11
Function Description: ER for R5642565_+_S1_0_11
Section: S1 - Phase 1 - Build Work File
Event: 11 - Initialize Section
Seq #: 121
Line #: 118
Line Text: R42565PlugPlayNER

/* CER ERROR #3003 : Unable to assign to data structure */
Seq #: 121
Line #: 118
Line Text: R42565PlugPlayNER

/* CER ERROR #3007 : Invalid datastructure or member */
Seq #: 133
Line #: 130
Line Text: If PO szAsIfCurrencyCode is not equal to <Blank> And PO szAsIfCurrencyCode is not equal to <Null>

(etc.)

Rajat - start a new thread - don't tag onto something unrelated.

now we've done it.....we've upset Larry. What can we do to make this up to you LJ ;-)

Back