"Get Custom Grid Row" - Not Firing in SubForm

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
\"Get Custom Grid Row\" - Not Firing in SubForm

OK, maybe I'm just having another dysfunctional day in development....

I'm attempting to mimic the P31113 Issues functionality in a Custom Subform Application ~ the Grid is supposed to be loaded via Cache, using the "Get Custom Grid Rows" event from within the SubForm's Grid.

The event is not firing ~ and I'm not sure what I've missed (which check-box on the form/grid haven't I hit)?? When I place the form in Debug, the FIND Button (button, not exit) is firing ~ but the ER within the Grid is never touched.

I've read a post from BOster, where he's using the functionality - so I can solidly assume that it works in a SubForm (external??).

Someone throw me a clue?

(db)

Re: \"Get Custom Grid Row\" - Not Firing in SubForm

It does work I use it quite a bit. You can even support page at a time processing if you want. If you keep page at a time processing on, you just have to take a little extra care to close open cursors if the find button is pressed again or if the dialog is closed.

When you hit find it should fire the event, if you want to continue to fetch data you have to call the system function continue custom data fetch (or something like that) which is found, I believe, under the general category of system functions (instead of grid like you might expect).

I would check your form properties like fetching on BV etc. If you have the grid tied to a BV and turned off fetching from the BV that might be the problem. Normally if I have a grid that reads from cache, the form/grid is not tied to a business view. If it is tied to a BV, I believe it can still work but you should suppress the default fetch from the bv action in code attached to the find button (I think???).

Oh, and you said this is a sub-form. Not to insult your intelligence, but are you sure you are pressing find in the actual sub-form and not the parent? If you press find in the parent you will have to pass a message to the sub-form to press it's find button. Not trying to point out the obvious, but those are the things I usually miss and end up beating my head against a wall for several days before a second set of eyes points it out to me.

B,

I thing you hit the nail, only I was using a different board.

Yes, I'm pressing the "FIND" button ~ however, I didn't have the "FIND" Button's Properties set for it to be a "System" Push Button "TYPE" of Find.

Note to Self (and others that may trek down the path of despair)... You must set the Find Button's property 'Type' to 'Find', in order for the Grid's ER to fire...

uhg...

Thank you! Resolved....

(db)

B,

I thing you hit the nail, only I was using a different board.

Yes, I'm pressing the "FIND" button ~ however, I didn't have the "FIND" Button's Properties set for it to be a "System" Push Button "TYPE" of Find.

Note to Self (and others that may trek down the path of despair)... You must set the Find Button's property 'Type' to 'Find', in order for the Grid's ER to fire...

uhg...

Thank you! Resolved....

(db)
This is a funny one. :)

Back