German Tax Auditors Don't Like JDE World

mgerritt

Well Known Member
German Tax Auditors Don\'t Like JDE World

I'm pretty sure that we are not the only users of JDE World in Germany, so I am hoping someone else has already been through their tax audit and found a good solution for this. I have attached a note from our German subsidiary's accounting manager. In summary, under German tax rules the auditors expect to be able to access transaction level data, and don't see a way to do it with World. If anyone has been through a German tax audit, and found a way to provide the information, I'd appreciate it if you would share:

"There is a local regulation that is called GDPdU. It basically says that the tax auditors have the right to get an access to the accounting system during an audit. Usually, local accounting software provide such an access online with an interface, or can extract analysable data that can be burned on a CD rom.

The problem during the audit this year was, that the auditors had no real access to JDE. The wanted to drill down from the balance sheet account or P&L account down to the single booking (with vendor or customer, invoice no, VAT code ect.....) to compare with our filing. Therefore I had to explain a lot, I even had to translate all JDE accounts into German. However with the help of the JDE downloads and EXCEL I was at least able to satisfy their request for this time. We haven't got the final assessment paper yet, but what they told us was that they will close FY 2003 - 2005 and will accept the way JDE currently provides the data, for the last time.

Looking forward we probably will have the next tax audit in /or after 2009 for the fiscal years 2006 - 2008. So we have time to find a solution for this problem.

I've checked some web sides and found some local software company's that provide programs (e.g.: GDPdU Toolbox), that meets the GDPdU requirements. Some of the programs convert the data into XML-files that can be read by the official tax software. But I'm not an expert and don't know if this would run with JDE too. Probably the JDE support can help with that.

Regarding the monthly VAT or other tax statements that I have to do manually, I showed them my EXCEL sheets and the reconciliations, I explained the way that it is handled, and they seemed to be happy with that."

Re: German Tax Auditors Don\'t Like JDE World

mgerritt,

We've been running OneWorld for a while now, but I seem to recall that you could create a FASTR financial statement with drill-down capability in World. The feature was called Balance Auditor and allowed you to drill into non-calculated balances right on the FASTR all the way through to account ledger inquiry. Would that suffice?

Hi Marc:

It was good talking to you again. Based on your posting on JDEList, it looks like Cetova might give you what you are looking for. Here is the info I promised:

Roger Elwell
[email protected]
GL Associates
cell 908 403 9746
office 201 451 9121

He was the project lead on one of the projects I worked on. He's a straight shooter and a good guy.

The Sales guy's contact info is:

Peter Witham
603 659 0672

Roger reminded me there is a separate website for Cetova that will be much more informative than the main GL Associates site.
www.cetova.com

Good luck, and thanks.
Jeff

Marc, I checked with our consulting partner in Germany, and he replied:

Concerning the German GdPDU regulation, there is no real solution for this. We have some customers using SpreadsheetServer from Global Software Inc. to drill down and prepare Data for the tax authorities.

Andy

Back