EAN.UCC numbers and Sales Order X-Ref

camo

Under the Storage and Shipping section of the Item Master there is an area where EAN.UCC numbers (now called GTINs) can be stored for different packaging levels.

My question is this :
If these fields are populated will sales order entry automatically allow the use of the EAN.UCC number upon entering an order.
OR
Are we required to configure the cross references for each item separately in the Item X-Ref application (P4104).
ALSO
How are the different EAN.UCC numbers for different UOMs used.
e.g. For ItemA - the BX unit of measure has a EAN.UCC number 0070662123454 where as the CA unit of measure has a number 10070662123451.
How can Sales Order Entry be configured to use either number to cross reference back to the One World system number used for ItemA ?
It is likely that some of our customers will use these numbers to communicate both the product and the UOM for the sale.

Thanks in advance.

Camo-

Here is the way that I understand it. The UCC information is used with the
Pack confirm functionality. Within the item Master Storage and Shipping tao
you can define for each item (one, and only one) UPC-12 code (actually JDE
uses the global format of EAN-13). This should represent the smallest unit
of measure that you are using, such as each. The UPC-12/EAN-13 refers to "a
unit of item X" ON the same screen you can also will in 9 SCC-14 codes.
These codes represent "Item X in package Y". Hence the extra digit. This
digit defines the pack type.

Gettting back to your question....NO, I don't think that you can enter sales
orders using these numbers, unless they are also set up in the P4104. I
have used these fields at clients that have requirements for UCC 128
compliance. Usually, this is used with the EDI transaction 856.
Regardless, if you use the Pack confirm program (with or without
transportation) it will automatically calculate quantities and packs for
each item as you define packs. Once data is entered you should be able to
use that on printed reports.

If you have other questions let me know. Also I assmued that you were using
Xe....

Aaron Walsh

Camo-

Here is the way that I understand it. The UCC information is used with the Pack confirm functionality. Within the item Master Storage and Shipping screen you can define for each item (one, and only one) UPC-12 code (actually JDE uses the global format of EAN-13). This should represent the smallest unit of measure that you are using, such as each. The UPC-12/EAN-13 refers to "a unit of item X" On the same screen you can also fill in nine SCC-14 codes. These codes represent "Item X in package Y". Hence the extra digit. This digit defines the pack type.

Gettting back to your question....NO, I don’t think that you can enter sales orders using these numbers, unless they are also set up in the P4104. I have used these fields at clients that have requirements for UCC 128 compliance. Usually, this is used with the EDI transaction 856. Regardless, if you use the Pack confirm program (with or without transportation) it will automatically calculate quantities and packs for each item as you define packs. Once data is entered you should be able to use that on printed reports.

If you have other questions let me know. Also I assmued that you were using Xe....

Aaron Walsh

Back