Cycle count problem

jdeuc1

When performing 'cycle count', system would not reduce quantity available to '0' after 'updating' still shows 1, when the available amount is really 'zero'.

Is there something in the processing options to be amended?
I have tried and I have not seen any thing that needs to be changed.

Any one encountering this problem, let me know how you fixed it.

You need to input quantity of 0 in the quantity column. If you leave it blank it will not adjust the quantity to zero.

We did enter '0' in the quantity field. However, the quantity available still remains 1 after updating the cycle count. It should have shown as '0' not 1. Something just does not work. I have been trying to see if the Proc Options have something that can be manipulated, but no.

Thanks for help.

I would suggest follow steps given below.
1). When u enter quantity 0, move to next line and verify total quntity should become 0, then click OK.
2). Run report cycle variance detail print (R41403), this report should display variance along with counted quantity 0 as well as counted amount 0.
3). AAI must be set up for 4152 and 4154
4). Approve cycle count
5). cycle count update
please let me after follow above steps.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,
Jayanta K

Jayanta

I did try what you asked me to do, which is not really different than what we had been doing.
It still doesn't change the Quantity available to "zero".
There might be something else causing this problem.

We will adjust it out. The warehouse staff had been having this problem for some time, but never did alert me to the problem until now.

Thanks for your help!

Hello friends

Happy to report that we have tried the same for another part and the system worked fine, just as it should have.

It seems like there was a fluke, just for this particluar part.

Can't isolate what would cause it, but I am reporting that it is currently working for other parts, and still not for the original part.

Thanks to all who have tried to help me.

Back