Configurator for products produced only once

mqawasmi

i had a client who is producing granite and marble. Those two are the main produced products. The cycle starts with the sales order which contains different sizes and kinds of marbles and granite pieces to produced for a certain construction project. According to granite kind and quantity required, certain blocks will be sheared to produce slabes with different sizes which will be processed to produce the required products.
My question is that can configurator be used in such an environment where products produced only once according to sales orders. and also material used such as blocks and slabes have unique item ids each time they are used in producing certain products because they have different sizes each time, so raw materials are also consumed once. The client wants to track each item produced and consumed even if it has unique item number and produced or consumed once.
i need your help please because i have never worked on configurator.

Dear Mark:
I was thinking of using the lot grade control, but do you think it will work
because each time you will have different sizes of raw materials and
products which must be defined as a new lot grade, also since the blocks
sizes are different then you can not define a standard bill o material of
how many slabes produced from each different block.

Best regards

Dear Mark:
I was thinking of using the lot grade control, but do you think it will work because each time you will have different sizes of raw materials and products which must be defined as a new lot grade, also since the blocks sizes are different then you can not define a standard bill o material of how many slabes produced from each different block.

Best regards

Hi,
This sounds like the configurator may work for you.
We use the configuator to produce varying lengths of a particular type of material. For example, we take rolled steel and produce steel studs of varying lengths.
The item masters are actually created as part of the sales order entry process which then generates a work order to produce the product.
Dave

Dear dave:
this sounds good but is there a way to generate item master records through configurator?? is this smart parts??

Yes, Item masters are generated during this process for each new configurated item.
I am unsure what 'smart parts" means.
Dave

Back