Call Entry

mmdanhed

Hi
Can any one tell me why the following error message is generated when I try to log a call in CUSTOMER CALL MANAGEMTN, CALL ENTRY. "CSMS Service Provider Info missing"

Also could any one advise if JDE can work with external applications to recognise customer numbers through caller ID and allow call logging in a faster manner.

Thanks

Really?

I don't mean to sound grumpy but seriously I think there should be a waiting period on creating accounts and the ability to actually post.

1) To answer your question:

The reason you are seeing Service provider missing is that you have not created the SWM entry in address book. I believe it keys off of the location of the call, but it could also be the assigned user or Author. Its covered in the setup portion of the manual.

2) Also could any one advise if JDE can work with external applications to recognise customer numbers through caller ID and allow call logging in a faster manner.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this. Case management as a whole is really not a widely used module mainly because its a fairly poor module. Putting CRM like functionality in a finance system really doesn't make much sense. If you are only beginning to implement this you may want to consider another software solution.

Also, please stop using the polling feature.

Regards,

Malcolm

Back