Bussness View maxed, need to add a new table

MacaqueJDE

Hi there!

I'm pretty new in JDE programming, debugging some custom program being my only experience.

Right now, I'm asked to add 2 field from a new table in an existing program (P42271).

I go in the view (V42271A), try to add a new table and it tells me I already reached the maximum table in the view with complex join.

Some guy told me to add it directly in the program with a Fetch single.

Sadly, I way too new to know how to do it.

Anyone could help me, point me to a tutorial or give me some hint?
smile.gif

I did search for it myself, but can't find much about JDE dev on the web.

Thank you!

(I'm using JDE 9.1)

Hint attached.

Attachments

• 182839-FDATableIO.doc
    195.5 KB · Views: 87
Thanks sir!

But I would like to know how to add the new column itself, in the grid. And after that to map the value of the fetch single in this column when the data is displayed.

Thank you my good man.

Tell the boss you need some training. Adding a column is one of the most basic things you can do to a form. Get training materials from JDETips.com or Oracle. After some basic training then you can come back to the list for tougher issues.
smile.gif

I agree with Scott....get some training....but just one more time....another hint. Open the APPL you want to modify in FDA and bring the form being modified to the top. Select the View menu and check Data Dictionary Browser. This will open the browser in a window below the form. Enter the alias of the grid coulmn you want to add and click find. Drag the DD item into the grid. Voila....added! You may want to get into Properties on the added column and override the text so what the column displays makes sense. After that you just move the data retrieved from your fetch into the GC on the Write Grid Line-Before event.

Back