E9.0 E1: UBE: Few UBE Jobs Get Stuck at P (Processing) Status in Submitted Job Search (P986110B) (WSJ application) and Remain in P status Even After the PD

T-1000

Out of many UBE Batch Jobs which are submitted on server, few of them remain in P(Processing) status and never advance to D(Done) status as expected, when viewed in WSJ- Submitted Job Search P986110B Application. When checking the UBE outputs in printqueue folder, it is observed that the PDF output files are created successfully. Issue affects multiple environments, such as production and prototype environment.

Issue may be replicated using below steps :

1. Login to production or prototype environment in JDE web client.
  2. Type BV in fast path to Open Batch Versions application (P98305W)
  3. Find the UBE job known to be getting stuck in P status.
  4. Select the desired versions and submit the Job on Server.
  5. Type WSJ In fast path to open Submitted Jobs Search application (P986110B).
  6. Monitor the record for the job submitted in step 4 and notice that once the job goes to P status , it never gets changed to D status as expected.
  7. Navigate to the printqueue folder on enterprise server.
  8. Notice that the corresponding PDF output file for the job number that was stuck in P status is created successfully.
  9. Finally the job becomes a zombie
Can you help me with this problem that is occurring on my JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 server?

JHOANP,
I noticed there is a very similar Doc ID out there, 2962420.1, that you likely already reviewed since the steps to replicate have the same verbiage save for step 9. If not, take a look as it blames it on third party printing applications.

If not, I have a few questions/suggestions.

1. You might want to submit the UBE with debug turned on to see if there are any indications of what might be causing the problem. Given the nature of the issue it might not generate the debug log but since you are getting a PDF it probably will.
2. You mentioned prod and prototype but not dev. Does it happen in your dev environment? If not, can you briefly describe the differences?
3. Is it the same UBE's every time that stay in P? If so, is there a common element to them? For example, are they being sent to the same printer?
4. Your replication steps imply that it happens on demand, but can you confirm? Or is there a random element to it?
5. Is it time-of-day related? In the past I have observed scheduled processes locking the F986110 at a certain point during the day that prevented updating the status even though the job finished.

Also, what is your platform and database? There will likely be server logs there that indicate the issue.

If it's similar reporting (Sales, Purchasing, Work Orders, etc) it could be data that is hanging them up.
Think about running the UBE with logging (or review that data itself).

If you're new to PD in TR 9.2.8.1, there is a known issue logged in MOS on zombies.

Good list by Mark already that you should answerr thoroughly, i would add "Is it a report definition or other kind of OMS job?" to the mix.

Back