How to pass multiple selected lines of grid data from "FB From" to "Headless detai"

abhay123

How to pass multiple selected lines of grid data from "FB From" to "Headless detai"

Hello All,

I am new to JD Edwards and my question is I have a Find and Browse form, I need to pass the multiple lines of grid data from Find and Browse form to Headerless Detail form while clicking the select button to find browse form.
I tried but unable to get an output. How can we achieve this?

Help is much appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Hi abhay123,

There are different ways, for example you could update a flag field (with a UKID for example) of selected rows, send to headless detail form the flag and find rows by this. The problem could be concurrency.
Other way could be insert a temporal table with key rows and ukid or audit and in headerless detail doing a select by temporal table.

I'm sure there are more ways, but for me this are the easiests.

Regards.

Hi alfredorz,

Thanks for your Reply. But I didn't get you, could you please explain me with some simple example, it will help other Jde beginners also.

Thanks & Regards

Hi abhay123,

The first scenario, you should have a auxiliar column in common on both views, for example URAB, URAT,... or if the view is custom add a new field (but not is neccesary, you can work with URAB o URAB without problems if is not used).

In the FB Form, in select button you have update the field for selected rows:

1. Get UKID (X00022 BSFN with a key)
2. Loop for selected rows and update
3. Call to HD Form with a UKID

Later, in HD Form you have add FC Field and filter by "=" in properties. In Post Dialog is initialized you check if FI UKID is passed and next you assign FC Field to FI UKID and press Find button.

You should consider if you application is accessible concurrently, in this case this solution is not valid.

I hope help you.

Regards,
alfre.

Abhay,

the issue is there is no built-in or easy way to accomplish what you're asking. You have to do hokey, intrusive coding to accomplish it.

Instead consider developing a Powerform app that has a main form (containing your Find/Browse grid) and a subform containing your headerless detail grid.

As the user selects a row in the main form the subform(s) grid is populated with the data related to the main form selection. Attached is an example screenshot of what I'm talking about.
PwerForm Example.jpg

Hi alfre & Larry,

Thank you so much finally i have done this requirement :).

Regards,
Abhay

Hi abhay123,

I'm glad for you! Finally, Could you tell us how were you solution?

The solution of Larry_Jones I like it, but Powerform applications are difficult, I worked only changing standard.

thanks!

Regards,
Alfre.

The solution of Larry_Jones I like it, but Powerform applications are difficult,

I build even the simplest application as a Powerform. If you don't you are just limiting what you can do in the future.

ok BOster, I think is more difficult but probably is because I have worked less in this type of application. But for beginners as this case, I think is more difficult than FB and HD. Now, in the last version we can use composite, not is equal but for some things could be similar in funcionality.

Do you know some tutorial to PowerForm?

thank you!

Regards.

Powerforms pretty much work just like the "old" forms with some minor differences. It just gives you the ability to do more (i.e. subforms) in the future should you choose.

Thanks BOster, I'll follow your advices. Yesterday I was doing a new PF Browse, a typical example Address Book and Who's Who, for this example it's easy, you are right and very similar to FB and HD, but I still think for begginers it's a little harder than FB and HD, but it takes practise.

Regards,
Alfre.

I reckon you could disable the find on the HLD form and then use the FB form to populate a Workfile.

So use the select in the FB to loop through selected records and add them to the workfile (with a unique key for the particular session so maybe add JOBN USER too)

Then when you pass through to the HLD just loop back through your Workfile and user Insert Buffer Grid Row system functions to populate the grid in Post Dialog is Initialised.

That should work.

Back