E9.2 We need to track our supplier stock level

fattal1

I want to see what is the best practice to implement this case
We have a vendor that manufactures one of our raw materials. We submit PO for the vendor asking for the units that we need (for example 10,000 units).
However the vendor doesn't produce only what we asked for, the vendor produces more (for example 50,000 units) and then ships only 10,000 to us and keeps the remaining 40,000 on his own site waiting for later POs from us. The vendor still ownes the remaining 40,000 units so my company doesn't own this stock but my company wants to track the stock level of this item on the vendors location without owning it or having any impact on our GL. The vendor is going to send us the balance everyday in CSV format.
How can i import stock level to our JDE for read only purpose. Our JDE is enterprise one 9.2

thanks

Wael

Last edited:
We have a similar situation with a supplier pre-positioning inventory we purchase at one of our 3PLs. We get a daily EDI 846 but only process it into a dummy branch-plant in F41021. Part of the update process is to clear any existing inventory (F41021.PQOH) for this dummy BP. In this way, the inventory is visible via the usual inventory screens, but is not on our GL. This allows our Purchasing folks visibility to the quantities they can expediently order vs those with the longer MFG leadtime. Since we roll standard cost once/year, we just remove the dummy BP F41021.PQOH prior to running the frozen cost updates.

We have a similar situation with a supplier pre-positioning inventory we purchase at one of our 3PLs. We get a daily EDI 846 but only process it into a dummy branch-plant in F41021. Part of the update process is to clear any existing inventory (F41021.PQOH) for this dummy BP. In this way, the inventory is visible via the usual inventory screens, but is not on our GL. This allows our Purchasing folks visibility to the quantities they can expediently order vs those with the longer MFG leadtime. Since we roll standard cost once/year, we just remove the dummy BP F41021.PQOH prior to running the frozen cost updates.
Thanks Arthur

How do you import the EDI into the dummy branch-plant? do you have a customized UBE or did you use standard JDE method (like Z1 file)?

Custom file to hold the inbound EDI. Custom UBE to clear the dummy BP F41021 records and replace with the inbound 846 values. Received and run once daily.

Custom file to hold the inbound EDI. Custom UBE to clear the dummy BP F41021 records and replace with the inbound 846 values. Received and run once daily.
Hello,
I think one usual way is to have a Branch attached to a dummy company (often 99999), flag GL interface being disabled in Branch/Plant Constant. Inventory count interface table F4141z1 can be used to import inventory level in this Branch.

This isn't strictly base E1 at all but..... I would also look at changing your initial PO and changing the QTY from 10000 to 500000. Your Open Qty is then a clue as to how much they have (40000)

So when they send you the initial shipment, before you receive it, update the PO witht he CSV they send you

Hello,
I think one usual way is to have a Branch attached to a dummy company (often 99999), flag GL interface being disabled in Branch/Plant Constant. Inventory count interface table F4141z1 can be used to import inventory level in this Branch.
Thanks

Hello,
Thanks

Back