Quantitiative Data?

Kit

Hi,

I'm trying to find quantitative data around the impacts of customizations on ERP upgrades. Specifically, information that shows how customized an ERP platform is and the impact to upgrade the project duration and technical staffing. I don't really care if the numbers are quantities or percentages.

I've found a number of papers and websites that claim that as more and more customizations are added more developers and larger teams are necessary, as well as go-live dates that are farther out. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate any quantitative data to back this up.

Any help or direction you all had would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kit

Hi Kit,

here's some data for what its worth.

2008 - 2009 we upgraded from 8.9 (mainly fat clients) to 9.0.
We're a small mfg company - only 2.1 people supporting JDE and Oracle DB. A little over 200 users.

We had 700 custom/customized objects (some written from scratch, some mods of JDE apps).

Our upgrade took approx 8 months - 5 of which can be attributed to the re-application and testing of customizations. We did not hire any additional programmers - just extended the project timeline.

Our 2 JDE people are not full-time programers - we're also application/JDE help desk support, DBA. CNC, etc. None of which went away during the upgrade process so its very hard to say how long it would have taken had we been dedicated to the task - maybe 3 months?

Cheers,

Thanks for the information. I'll try to compile your information along with information I've found elsewhere and should be able to come up with something useful. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom