E9.2 JDE FAT Client Display

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dear List,

Looking for some pointers here.

I recently upgrade my laptop to Windows 11 and after that when I RDP to my JDE FAT Client machine the display seems very small. I tried to play with some settings but it did not help. Interestingly this is only for JDE rest all applications are fine. How can I get the normal display back for JDE FAT Client.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

FAT_Client_Resolution.jpg

Oh, wild! What's the Tools Release?
My first try would be the Windows Compatibility Settings or the Display Scaling settings, no idea what you played around with already.

We are on 9.2.7.1
We already tried the Display scaling settings.
How do I try the Windows Compatibility settings, like of the FAT client launching JDE or on the laptop having Windows 11 while launching RDP?
Thank you.

Right click on activeconsole.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility tab
Set it to Windows 7 maybe, as a start... technically Windows 10 and 11 are the same, that's why there is no Compat. mode to Windows 10 from 11. Or maybe it's the DPI settings.

If you have a 4k display you will most likely need to set it to 1080p in Windows. I have not messed with it in several years so there may be an alternative but at the time that was simply the only resolution I could find. The JDE native Windows apps don't appear to work with the Windows UI scaling, so if you have your display set to 4k and scale and layout set to 200% for example all your other apps will size correctly but the JDE apps simply won't. There was also something about this with RDP (I was/am also using RDP) but I can't remember all the details.

These are my settings for my Laptop's 4k display:
Windows4kSettingsForJDE.JPG

Back