Grid Not Displaying New Data

Pat_H

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this type of issue come up. I'm working on an application that has a headerless detail form. The headerless detail form displays data for a specific supervisor. The supervisor variable has a visual assist button attached to it. The user presses the visual assist button (this calls another application that runs a find browse form). They select a supervisor number from the list and the app returns the new supervisor number to my program, the visual assist event enters the new super# and presses the find button. The form column variables all get updated but the grid still shows the old supervisors data. If I click find manually the new data appears. When I run it in debug I can see that the Find button (run in the visual assist event) does trigger the grid to be reloaded with the new data but it does not display the new data in the grid. Here's the weird part. If I happen to have any other OW app open (including debug)the visual assist works, the new data displays in the grid automatically. I've tried this on several fat clients and on a citrix server, same results on all. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it? - Pat

Please go to Headerless detail properties and Enable Auto Find on Entry option then your Grid will be loaded Automatically when you change the supervisor number

can u post the code plz?

ps siva: no, that will only auto-load the grid when *entering* the form (hence, "on entry").

I had the code generated on the web and the issue does not occur there. Since this application is going to run strictly on the web I'm not going to spend anymore time trying to figure out the issues on the client side. Thanks.

Back