Forecast consumption

Algeraist

confused.gif
<font color="color"> I'm looking for some info/help setting up our forecast consumption buckets.

Does anyone have examples on how this function is being used ?

We currently forecast and plan in weekly buckets and we mainly use planning fence rule G but because orders are often consolidated to fit in with shipping schedules. MPS always plans too much (greater of forecast or customer orders for the specific week).

I assume we can improve this if we setup monthly consumption buckets and I have had a quick go in the test system but I can't seem to work out what MPS is doing. The big problem is that the consumption buckets don't seem to fall inline with the dates I setup ??

The answer to your question may be in Solution: 200784371
Document: wmn-99-0022

Title: Forecast Consumption
Abstract: This paper details the set-up and use of forecast consumption logic in the planning system. It has a number of example time series that show different ways that forecast casts can be consumed by sales orders.
It discusses Planning fence rule.

Here is a really basic and Easy question on this same topic.

If in the forecast module we have a customer forecast setup, How can you setup the system to turn a customer forecast into a sales order.

Is there a tool to convert the order or does JDE expect the order to be keyed and the planning tools make the forecast.

Also, I see when I run the P3482, it makes recommendations to create PO in the system and in the S&D screen. How can the same thing be setup to display SO that need to be created for specific customers based on the forecast?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

{The reply to fencebuilder, shown below, should have gone to the originator of the topic. Here goes now.}
Here is a really basic and Easy question on this same topic.

If in the forecast module we have a customer forecast setup, How can you setup the system to turn a customer forecast into a sales order.

Is there a tool to convert the order or does JDE expect the order to be keyed and the planning tools make the forecast.

Also, I see when I run the P3482, it makes recommendations to create PO in the system and in the S&D screen. How can the same thing be setup to display SO that need to be created for specific customers based on the forecast?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

One method of creating Sales Orders automagically would be to process them like an EDI (electronic data interchange) transaction. Your customer forecast records ---> the F47* header and detail records, --> EDI process --> Sales Order creation. Your customer forecast becomes a sales order!

The answer to your question may be in Solution: 200784371
Document: wmn-99-0022

Title: Forecast Consumption
Abstract: This paper details the set-up and use of forecast consumption logic in the planning system. It has a number of example time series that show different ways that forecast casts can be consumed by sales orders.
It discusses Planning fence rule.
I am unable to find this document. Please help.

Last edited:
Bluebonnet,

None of the members who originally posted on this thread have logged on to JDEList since 2017.

Solution: 200784371 and Document: wmn-99-0022 are Oracle documents and may still be available on the The Oracle Docs website:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/applications/jd-edwards/

While searching the Oracle Docs site you will need to consider the version of JDE to which the the documents refer, remembering that the post is 15 years old, and whether it is applicable to your situation. You may also need an account for the Oracle Docs website - I think you can create one and that it's free, but I'm not sure.

Bluebonnet,

None of the members who originally posted on this thread have logged on to JDEList since 2017.

Solution: 200784371 and Document: wmn-99-0022 are Oracle documents and may still be available on the The Oracle Docs website:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/applications/jd-edwards/

While searching the Oracle Docs site you will need to consider the version of JDE to which the the documents refer, remembering that the post is 15 years old, and whether it is applicable to your situation. You may also need an account for the Oracle Docs website - I think you can create one and that it's free, but I'm not Tb

Back