E9.2 Changing supplier invoice matched to a receipt

marisas

Good morning,

Is it possible to modify an invoice matched to a receipt after the invoice has been saved and the invoice has not yet been posted? For example to add a "4" line to add other costs.
I have tried to modify it, but the system doesn't allow it.

Thank you very much.

Marisa

Marisa,
What is the error it is giving you? Are you using the voucher match screen to modify ? I wasn't sure what it meant to add a "4" line in voucher match. You aren't referring to the Receipt Option in the PO receiving screen?

It's been a while since I did AP troubleshooting - lately I have been doing more CNC type stuff. But I have a lab and could rig something up if you can give me some more details.

Marisa,
What is the error it is giving you? Are you using the voucher match screen to modify ? I wasn't sure what it meant to add a "4" line in voucher match. You aren't referring to the Receipt Option in the PO receiving screen?

It's been a while since I did AP troubleshooting - lately I have been doing more CNC type stuff. But I have a lab and could rig something up if you can give me some more details.
Hi Mark,

thank you for your answer.

I mean to add a new line in P4314 (MAPR = 4) to change the total amount of the invoice (receipt amount + new line "4" amount).

What is the voucher match screen to modify? Is it possible to open this screen from P0411 when I want to change an existing invoice?

Thank you very much,

Marisa

Marisa,
Voucher match is P4314, so you are in the correct screen. I rigged some data up myself on my test system to remind myself of how this works.

I am able to succcessfully match an invoice to a PO line (i.e., a 2-way match). I exited the screen but did not post the batch. I wasn't sure whether you originally matched the invoice to a separate receipt (i.e., a 3-way match) or to the open PO line like I did but not sure it matters anyway.

I then went back in and attempted to modify the existing document to add a line to the document and was only presented with the option to reverse the document. Like you I could not add.

I was able to reverse the document. This should not only delete the voucher but re-open the PO line to allow it to be received again.

Then I went back to P4314 and selected the same PO line, vouchered it and added a second line of type 4, Create new order line. As you may know this literally creates a new line on the PO that matches what you are putting into the P4314.

There may be another way to do this but bottom line is that you should be able to reverse the matched voucher and then enter a new voucher matching to the newly-reopened PO line and add a new line before hitting OK.

As you also probably know, the interactions between the PO (F4301/F4311), the PO receiver file (F43121) and the AP Ledger (F0411) can get complicated and sometimes get out of sync, so proceed with caution. If possible, try to do it in a test environment first. And sometimes, depending on how you have your system set up, reversing the PO may set the status to a status not suitable to matching (It did not in my case and simply re-opened the PO).

Lastly, never modify a matched voucher (one entered via P4314 against a PO) via any other application other than P4314. This can be confusing since you can kick off P4314 from P0411. However, you can also kick off standard voucher entry, which is a separate form within the P0411 application and using this can get those critical files out of sync. I apologize if I am stating the obvious but I've seen this too many times. If you have all of your processing options set correctly it should prevent that, but just in case.

Hopefully this helps.

Back