E9.2 Anyone on iSeries and upgraded to 9.2.6.3 having issues saving certain UDOs? "Unexpected Error"

serenity_now

Hi,

We upgraded our Non-Production to 9.2.6.3 a bit ago (and at the same time applied 64-bit). Things have generally went well but I have this lingering issues saving most UDOs. Grid Formats work but all other UDOs I am unable to save via the web server that runs on the iSeries. I am able to save these same UDOs using a local web development client running on Windows.

Our webservers use WebSphere. The only error we get on the front-end is the helpful "Unexpected Error". On the backend in the logs I see data truncation errors. The kicker is when enabling debug logging no matter what we do - we are unable to see what is causing the data truncation error. The INSERT statements are not logging the values being sent in and we only see the question marks (?). We have tried enabling the "JDBj SQL Bind Values Inline" option in Server Manage to no avail.

We do have a ticket open with Oracle that is a couple months old at this point but the lack of any progress is starting to worry me.

Example of issue:
15 Aug 2022 13:17:55,490 [Line -1] [WebContainer : 1] [DEBUG ] [JDBJ] Prepared Statement added to cache : INSERT INTO CODV920.F952435(PFWOBNM,PFWOUSER,PFWOOBNMS,PFWOOBNML,PFOMRBLOB,PFOBNM,PFFMNM,PFVERS,PFSFMNM,PFUSER,PFWOUTIME,PFPID,PFMKEY,PFWOFU1,PFWOFU2,PFWOFU3,PFWOFU4,PFWOFU5,PFWOFU6,PFWOFU7,PFWOFU8,PFWOFU9,PFWOFU10) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) - Current Cache Size :34

15 Aug 2022 13:17:55,491 [Line -1] [WebContainer : 1] [SEVERE] [JDBJ] SQLException occured in the SQLPhysicalConnection.insert(): | Vendor code = 0, SQL state = 22001 | Table or View Name = F952435 | Data Source = Central Objects - DV920 java.sql.DataTruncation: Data truncation

Back