E9.2 Report Request - Date Format in output

craig005

I have created a couple orchestrations that will run UBEs and then email the output to a user. The problem I have is that I have users in both USA and Europe, and I need the scheduled orchestrations to generate report output using the local date format for each. But I believe we can only have one user running the scheduler and all the UBEs will run using that one user's date format.

Do you know any way to work around this so that I can generate UBE output with different date formats?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We split things up. We have a different "Orchestration Scheduler" account/user for each country and that account has user profile setup that reflects the appropriate date/time/language/localizations for that country. Then we schedule the US orchestrations using the US account, the China stuff using the China account, etc...

Regards,
Ellen

Ellen, thanks for the reply. That was my initial thought, but how do you manage autostart? Autostart depends on the Scheduler Bootstrap User in server manager. Unless I am missing something, we can only have jobs from one user set to autostart.

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig,

I do have to login to Orchestrator Studio as that user to manage the schedule for that user.

What Tools release are you on? I forget what release added the Scheduler option from Orchestrator Studio. I think before that it was a lot more difficult to do the scheduling.

Here is what I see:
1711991766682.png
By default it only shows you "your" jobs:
1711992015442.png
But you can change that to All Jobs to see jobs scheduled under other user IDs.
I believe security does come into play. We've probably reached the limit of how much I can help. Our CNCs set up the AIS servers, security, etc... and I don't know the depths of that.

Regards,
Ellen

Attachments

• 1711991982138.png
    1711991982138.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
We are on 9.2.6.3. I have the scheduler setup and all working well there. We have all of our jobs set to autostart, and they are all today scheduled under one user.

When your system is restarted, do you have to log in to scheduler for each of those users to start the jobs? Or do they all start automatically? My understanding is that only one user's autostart jobs will actually start when the system is bounced.

Thanks,
Craig

Back