Vertex Upgrade

KSmithCPA

Reputable Poster
I was wondering if anyone out there has successfully installed the ESU for the Vertex Payroll Tax Upgrade. After hearing many horror stories, I have been pushing it back. Looks like the latest ESU is JD15484, but there is another SAR in the breaking news section dealing with “Performance Degradation” after installing Vertex 2.4.2. Any experiences or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just dled that ESU, it has been updated, as the SAR talking about performance degragation is in it. We are having multiple problems with Vertex on the '400, and JDE nor Vertex are able to pinpoint the problem. They suggested this ESU in a hope it will cure the problem.
If you put it on please let us/me know how it went. Looks like it will be going on for me tonight, followed by a full package build.

Hi Ken,
I also hesitated after browsing through horor stories about new version of Vertex 2.4 and ESUs. However, I had no choice but to install it as July 1st is coming for us canadians to apply new taxes DB.
I finally installed ESU JD15428. I also had nightmare after installing the ESU. During the ESU installation step of building the update package, IT DELETED MY PARENT FULL PACKAGE. This never happened to me before, even though is is not recommended to define and build the package withing the ESu isntallation steps.
I had to rebuild my full and deploy.
We tested and it worked great. It really fixed the problem of Load Library failed and many other issues that we had with Payroll. Up to now we did not discover any errors yet and we ran a full test payroll with it without any issues.

My recommendations are to Build a full package before your ESU. And do not use ESU install to define and build your package but DO a full afterwards.

Our Enterprise server is AS400 V4R5, Our dep svr is NT4.
We are running dinosaure version B7332 Sp10

Good luck

Thanks for the responses.  I just got back from FOCUS and will be applying the ESU to our test environment first thing next week.  I actually spoke with the Vertex vendor and they were not aware of any issues.  He suggested I load the ESU, update Vertex and call GSS if I have any issues...  Easy for him to say...   [smile]

I'll post our progress periodcally.

We actually have our tax issues fixes now. Make sure you apply ESU JD15580. I don't know if anyone else was having issues with 2.4.2, but we had tax issues, deduction description issues, and pay descriptions issues after we applied 2.4.2 and the first initial esu. JD15076. So that is my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Thanks Jeremey,

We still have not taken the plunge. That was a good tip about JD15580. I'll let you know what happens when we do load the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Hi Khosi,
Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a payroll vertex configured on AS/400 and we keep getting an Error "Load Library of VPRT Failed" when we run pre payroll. WHat is causing this problem? Here is the Business function code for B0700058. Any idea?Why did they hardcode the library name as "LIBVPRT"?

/* SAR 2545039 - begin */
sprintf (szCmd, "ADDLIBLE LIB(%s) POSITION(*BEFORE %s)",
dsD0700057.szPayRollPassword, dsD0700057.szPayRollUserID);
system (szCmd);
if (system(szCmd) != 0)
{
sprintf (szCmd, "ADDLIBLE LIB(%s) POSITION(*LAST)", dsD0700057.szPayRollPassword);
system (szCmd);
}
strncpy (szLibName, "LIBVPRT", sizeof(szLibName));
/* SAR 2545039 - end */
#endif

/*****************************\
* Load the library Vprt.dll *
\*****************************/
PayrollDLLInst = LoadLibrary (szLibName);

/* Error handling for problem in loading library */
if(PayrollDLLInst == NULL)
{
/* SAR 2641240 - begin */
jdeErrorSet(lpBhvrCom, lpVoid, (ID)0, "108E", (LPVOID)NULL);
lpDS->cVertexLibraryFailedFlag = '1';
jdeWriteLog ("B0700058", 0, "B0700058: Load library of Vprt failed");
/* SAR 2641240 - end */

Thanks
sudhakar

Do you have the B0700058 OCM mappings set to run on the server?

Other Business Functions that need to be mapped on the server for payroll: B0700059, B0700004, B0700009, B0700010.

Yes they are. But It seems it is not able to load the library.Is it anything to do with LoadLibrary function? Here is the code where i could see the problem.

/*****************************\
* Load the library Vprt.dll *
\*****************************/
PayrollDLLInst = LoadLibrary (szLibName);

/* Error handling for problem in loading library */
if(PayrollDLLInst == NULL)
{
/* SAR 2641240 - begin */
jdeErrorSet(lpBhvrCom, lpVoid, (ID)0, "108E", (LPVOID)NULL);
lpDS->cVertexLibraryFailedFlag = '1';
jdeWriteLog ("B0700058", 0, "B0700058: Load library of Vprt failed");
/* SAR 2641240 - end */