OneWorld and Citrix Published Application

rdoyle

Hello List

I've got an issue and need your help. My users are accessing OW through Citrix Metaframe as a published application. Recently, I have a few users that are unable to sign on to OW using their OW username. They connect to the application using their NT username/pw, but when they enter their OW username/pw and hit enter, it starts to connect to OW (database connections, etc.), but OneWorld Explorer never displays (however, oexplore.exe is running under the respective username through Task Manager on the Citrix Server). If the same user connects to the application again (as the same NT user) but enters a different OW username/pw, the user has no problem, OneWorld Explorer runs fine. The symptoms are exactly the same as in Knowledge document oti-99-0089, but the fix hasn't worked. Response line told me that they don't support the published application part of Citrix, so I'm basically on my own. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas? I've tried deleting the user profile from JDE and from the domain and rebuilt all of them, but to no avail. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Try deleting the Users Citrix Profile. This should get regenerated, fro
their normal Network profile. This normally clears lots of funny user
specific problems.

OW733.3 Xe SP 14.2
Enterprise Server - Intel NT + Oracle 8.0.6
Client - Citrix TSE + 4 NT PC's for development

** Shared Knowledge = Better Knowledge **

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP18.1, SQL

5-28-02 - Do you know how to use and get to the Citrix Server Manager? If
so when this is happening to a user look to see if they have either an Disc
or Active Citirx Session. If they do then use Citrix Server Manager to log
off the session.

How many Citirx Servers do you have?

** Shared Knowledge = Better Knowledge **

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP18.1, SQL

Have you tried deleting the users profile on the citrix box or the roaming profile. We have had different client connectivity issues and this approach has saved us a lot of grief.

Lazytech:
Yeah, i've done this. Actually, the locally cached copy of the roaming profile is deleted automatically after the user signs off. I've also deleted the copy of the roaming profile on the server (the user's terminal server home directory) and rebuilt it.

Re: RE: OneWorld and Citrix Published Application

Joy,
Yes, I know how to get to Citrix Server manager. It shows that they have an active Citrix session. Under the processes for the user, it appears that they are running an active OW session, as it shows that oexplore.exe is running. If i shadow the session, it just shows me a blank screen (which is the same thing that the user would see). We're currently running 4 Citrix boxes.

Re: RE: OneWorld and Citrix Published Application

We have that occurrance happening, but not a regular basis. Alls we need to do is reset the one user and they could get on right following. It's not the same user day after day, though the same user could have it happen once every couple of weeks. We have on average 28 users on one machine.
That machine will be a NT4 SP6 server.

Hi Ralph

Are these users are able to connect through fat clients?
If yes then where is the JDE.ini file stored for these stored on Citrix server. Just delete/rename the jde.ini for these users and try to logon.

Thanks Everyone for your help/suggestions. I re-installed SP2 for Metaframe and it seems to have fixed the issue.

RE: RE: OneWorld and Citrix Published Application

5-28-02 - What do you publish your Citrix sessions at. Meaning Display
resolutions. Example, we use 800 x 600, 72 MHz, 256 color. Our Citrix
users are running a Citrix session from a PC and sometimes they change their
display settings. We have found that if we put the user's pc display
settings back to match what Citrix publishes at and reboot the PC as well as
log off their connection through Citrix Server Manager they work fine.

Re: RE: RE: OneWorld and Citrix Published Application

We like to publish as a seamless window. That way, we don't care what the user's screen resolution is; they can just resize everything at will.

Back