deleting pdf files

Thank you Alex, works very well.

Try"http://members.optushome.com.au/apastuhov/DeleteFilesOlderThan.htm"For subfolders, you can use a form of "for" shell command...Regards,Alex.
--------------------------
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=34121
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World« / XE mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards«

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

HI Guys
This is the one of the old discussion to delete the PDF files.
I tried to follow the document OTI-01-0112. First of all this document says that the job must be run locally. So it means that we can not schedule it and we have to run job manually.
Secondly when I am running this Job locally then jobs are getting deleted from the F986110 table, but pdf files are still there. Has anyone seen this behaviour.

Does most of the people are using this job and they have delete job scheduled to run on the server?

Any Suggestions?

Vivek,

if you read the posts in this thread you'll see that actual file deletion is something you have to handle and there are a number of ways to accomplish it. I believe the Knowledge Garden document OTI-01-0112 is inaccurate in that respect.

Regards,

Hi Larry
I understand it for the Citrix server, but even on the Enterprise server I have to delete the pdf files manually or schedule some windows Batch job to delete the files on the enterprise server????.
Also this document tell about running it locally... so can not be scheduled... So are you running this job manually? Somebody pointed SAR 5714352 in this discussion( To run the job on the server).

Vivek,

because of the "running manual" approach (preventing job from being scheduled) and because JDE has NEVER YET gotten this to work right in my (limited) experience, we wrote a simple UBE that deletes entries from F986110 that are older than 'X' number of days - where X is a processing option value. This UBE is scheduled to run every night.

To delete the PDF and LOG files on the Enterprise Server we include a little code in our backup script that deletes files in the Log and PrintQueue directories that are older than 'X' days.

We've been running this way for 2 years now.

If you still want to try to get this to work then in addition to SAR 5714372 you might want to also look at SAR 5633974 - which indicates a fix to this area in SP19.

Regards,

Deployment Server Install

Hi
I am installing a NT Deployment Server. Now, I am confused as to the database install on a Deployment Server. When, I plan to use my Enterprise Server as the Database Server, why do I have to install Oracle Server on the Deployment Server, apart from the Enterprise Server.

Looking Forward.
Yogi

Re: Deployment Server Install

Hi Indian Yogi,

I can only guess that you are referring to the second Xe Install CD that
installs the database components, correct?
From that CD you are NOT installing a database, you are copying the
database dumps (exports) from the CD to a directory on your Deployment
Server, so that you can load the data into your database later on.
So, if your database is Oracle, select the Oracle components and go
ahead. In a later step the install manual will instruct your what to do
with the database part.
The database software itself does not come on the CD´s delivered by
JDEdwards. You will have to buy an Oracle lisense from an Oracle reseller.

Hari Omn Tat Sat, Gerd

RE: Deployment Server Install

Yogi
To get started you'll need a copy of the Specs and some setup data on your
deployment usually in an Access data base. It may be that you have this in
the form of an Oracle database instead.
The other reason may be to hold the spec Central Objects F987* series files.
Once you done the install you can move them to your Enterprise Server and
reset the data source.
Regards
Robert Fletcher
XE SP18.1
AS400 V4R4

Re: Deployment Server Install

Yogi,

1. Please do not start a new thread by replying to an existing thread - you tagged your query on to one about deleting pdf files. Instead just start a new discussion thread.

2. At one time JDE actually DID reccommend putting a separate database on the deployment server as a way of improving package build times - but this was a long time ago - no need to do this if your network is at all reasonable in speed (100MBS+).

Regards,

Yogi :

JDE workshops and PPTs teach that JDE's Central Objects and Versions
(JDE code stored in a relational database) should be put on a
relational database on the Deployment.
That way, building a package (compile JDE objects) would be a mostly
local activity and wouldn't take too many network resources.
Truth is that dealing with two separate DBMS can be a mess, and most
CNCs finally put their Central Objects and Versions on the same box
that holds their System, Business Data and Control Tables.
I've installed Xe with Central Objects in the Deployment and haven't
significative performance improvement, Deployment's SQL database used
too much CPU and RAM and left too little for OneWorld package compilation.

Sebastian Sajaroff (JDELIST)

Yogi

All the replies to your query make valid points. What you need Oracle on the
deployment server for is the client connection software the same as you
would install on any fat client.

Regards

Marty Fleming
Business Analyst
Richmond Limited

Phone: +64 +6 8786464 Ext 8168
Fax : +64 +6 8780959
Email: mailto:[email protected]

OneWorld: Xe SP16.1
Database: Oracle 8i
Enterprise Server: Compaq Proliant 8500R W2K

OneWorld: Xe SP16.1
Database: Oracle 8i
Enterprise Server: Compaq Proliant 8500R W2K

I need a little more help on this one. I have created versions of R9861101 & R9861102. When I run these jobs the "Submitted Report" entries are deleted. I have also read the KG document mentioned. What is and how does B9861103 get run? Does the running of this job delete the "entries" on my enterprise server (AS400) that are created by the "system user"? If not, how do I delete these entries?

Thanks

Jeremy,
When you say .pdf's on the Citrix servers, I asume you're referring to the copies of the UBE output generated on your Enterprise server that get transferred to the NT platform when the user views their output in Adobe.

We identified this as a security problem as well as a maintenance issue. The reason is when the user is in Adobe and selects File/Open they are presented with the complete list of files in the shared PrintQueue directory on the Citrix server - they can then view any output that anyone else has view on that particular Citrix server.

Our solution was to map the OutputDirectory in the client's jde.ini file to the users' default home directory on the network. This prevents anyone from seeing the output of other users. And to clean up, the network login script deletes the PrintQueue directory from the user's home directory when they logout.

Hope this helps.

Lots of discussion on this topic!

Our Enterprise server is HP UNIX. There is a scheduled script that runs every night to delete files from the PrintQueue directory on the Enterprise server that are older than two weeks. For each file it deletes, it calls a SQL script to login to Oracle and delete the corresponding entry in the F986110 table.

I suppose this approach would work on other Enterprise platforms as well.

I cannot remember the exact doc no, but you can do a search on KG. There is a batch report that do the job perfectly well. It remove the batch job version and the pdf on a timely scale.

Cheers,
Alvin

doc id is OTI-01-0112
"Deleting Job Records from the F986110 and Associated pdfs When Running R9861101"

Maybe I'm missing something here. I admit I'm fairly new to OW, but have been picking up a lot of knowledge lately. What is meant by "running locally"? I thought it meant running on a client and not the enterprise server.

That being said, here is what I have tried and it seems to be working so far. I created a version of R9861101 & R9861102. I then created CL on my AS400 using RUNUBE. I "call" R9861101 with RUNUBE. I can run it from a command line or call it from a World menu. We use ROBOT as our scheduler. If I can run a job from a command line, I can have ROBOT schedule the job to run whenever I want. I have not actually tried to run it from ROBOT yet (too much "red tape" to go through for a "test"), but I don't see any reason why it would not work.

Back