MRP Runs without ending

rich_mcclure_ii

Hoping someone has run into R3482 running without end.

JD Edwards thought it was a sent into an infinite loop
due to a decimal calculation but the SAR they sent
didn’t fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas to
correct the problem?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich,

Do you have anything in your data selection?
You may want to run your Integrity analysis to see if any BOM's are corrupt. Running this report will validate the low level codes and ensure that there are no circular references.

Vik

B733.1 SP 11.3/Xe
Intel/NT/SQL

You should improve perfomance of MRP R3483/R3482 using your multiple processors and parallel processing options with subsystem.

This is perfomance enhacement which needs to process a large number of records. May your execution is taking to long to end because
is processing a large number of records.

setting up: enterprise jde.ini

UBEParallelList=R3482,R3483

Processing Option, Tab Parallel

1.Number of Subsystem Jobs: 1
(or 2,3...) depends on your milti thread queue setup.

UBE design, properties, advanced: check <Subsystem> box

2. Pre Processing: 1

Good Luck

Sergio Vargas
Windows 2000 / SQL2000 / B7333 Xe / SP15.1

Have you looked at SAR 4642306. We had the same problem when messages were
being created with a very small quantity and this fixed it.

Good luck

Steve

Rich,

What hardware, database, and OW version/SP are you on? Please include this information on all your posts -- easiest if placed in your JDEList signature.

When we were on B733.1, we ran into a similar problem in which the order quantities were mixed up (e.g. min order qty > max order qty, or something like that), and it caused a loop.

We upgraded to XE last July, and ran into a problem with MRP looping for items that had an Order Policy Code of '2' (Fixed Order Quantity). We changed these to '1' (lot for lot) and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, Update 1, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6
Sandbox: SP18.1

Hi Sergio,

It seems that all the settings below have been done by us but R3483 is not processing multithreaded mode. It seems that the subsystem job is not being enabled as there is no entries for this UBE in the F986116 table.

Is there anything else that should be done to make sure that the subsystem is enabled???

Thanks in advance

Marc
Xe SP17.1 HP-UX / Oracle 8.1.7

Thanks For you’re Help

MRP Errors where caused by two main problems creating
Infinite Loops.

1. If MRP is trying to plan a small fractional
quantity it wouldn’t round the value. This would occur
if a forecast, planning BOM, purchase or sales order
had quantities smaller than a hundredth of an item.
This error was fixed by incorporating SAR # 3657753
change business function B3400390 to round before
writing to cache.

2. If the Multiple Order Quantity is greater than
Maximum Order Quantity Than MRP would also be stuck in
an infinite loop. Multiple Order Quantity can equal
blank but not a value less than the Minimum Order
Quantity.

--- sterickson <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OW&Number=30429

OneWorld Xe with Upgrade 2 applied (SP17) (HP9000 Unix/Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.3.0 - 64bit Production)

Broadley the same problems related in these postings have been encountered by myself. We have had a lot of difficulty figuring out Subsystems - JDE give the impression that you just set the R3483 Processing Options for Parallel Processing and off you go - it takes a lot of digging before you find the JDE.INI settings, "Subsystem Job" flag for R3483 in RDA Properties is switched off. Anyone know why this is so obscure?! Even making the subsystem work for any program is an art.

The problem with R3483 has now been isolated to volume - we hit an upper limit of 45000 inserts into F3411 before Cache problems killed the program. Removing FOQ simply reduces inserts into F3411 and doesn't solve the problem - it is a workaround. Currently the DRP only works for less than 25000 items. MRP works for around 3000 items but will die with 6000. The lasting impression is that a lot of cache useage has been built into R3483 to make it faster - JDE traded volume off against speed. Speed won. Volume lost. Impressions?

Mark Brown

Director & Consultant
Krofire Knowledge Enterprises
[email protected]

I am having the same problem since 2/12/02. The response line has been useless. Send me an e-mail [email protected] and lets discuss offline.

Ed Solack
OW-XE SP13.1/ES-As400/DEP-Nt4.0 Sql7.0/Citrix TS

Re: RE: MRP Runs without ending

In reply to Steve Erickson: SAR 4642306. I cannot find this SAR on the Knowledge Garden. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mark Brown
Krofire Enterprises Ltd
[email protected]

I have run into a similar problem when my planning horizion goes out to far.

1. What are you Planning Horizon Processing Options? (Days, Weeks, Months)
2. If Number of Days used, how many working days per week in your branch
calendars?

Craig Potter

Craig Potter

Back