address lines

Djohnson

Djohnson

Well Known Member
New user here, so don't stomp me.

We sometimes loose a line of the sold to address when printing order acknowledgments, ususally the second line for some reason. Thought may be that change the address after and order is entered and it does not catch the change.

Looking for any possible explanations, which I expect this group can provide.

TriPoint Global
XE, 17.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

Hey D, Welcome!

I assume you're using R42565 to print your Acknowledgements? As shipped in base XE and Update 1 (I don't know about subsequent updates) the code and BSFN's used in this program to retrieve/format addresses was, to say the least, all screwed up. I believe if you search the forum archives on R42565 you'll find more info on the problem and what we here did to get around it (basically we wrote our own code fix).

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Yep, we are using R42565. I'll search and see what turns up.

Thanks.

TriPoint Global
XE, 17.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

Did you find a way to ... cure your UBE?
I guess it's useful to keep the List up to date (when possible) :)
Adrian Chimirel
PS I remember there's a SAR that fixes this issue (among othere things, it was reversing an older/messy SAR, as Larry was mentioning), and we had it applied by an ESU (sorry but I don't recall their numbers), and the R42565 was healed.
Our problem was the copy of the R42565 we are using didn't get that fix, therefore I've identified the change (the SAR has done to R42565), call to "Formatted Address With Who's Who" business function was replaced with "F0116 Get Mailing Address Format"), applied it to our customized UBE, and that was just another happy end.

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Larry,
I can not find any useful info on this issue. I have searched but doesn't seem to help.

Any other suggestions?

D Johnson
TriPoint Global Communications
XE, 17.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

D,

If you search the Knowledge Garden for R42565 AND address (click Search, select Support, enter search text, click on Search button) a multitude of SARs will be displayed having to do with problems of the nature you are having.

The current ESU containing all Fixes to date by JDE of these problems is JD14142. Your problem is that this is one of those "mega" ESUs with approx 620 objects (even though likely you only need 1 of those objects). If you're not customized then no problem, take the ESU. If you're customized ... call in your programmer or consultant to either take the approach we did (fix it ourselves) or install the ESU only to Pristine and then identify the objects relevant to the fix and only promote those objects through Dev/Prototype/Prod.

Since this is already a customized object it would seem the best approach would be to not install the entire ESU but just make further mod's to fix the problem. If the ESU is installed to pristine the programmer can then use Visual ER Compare to identify the changes JDE made in their fix to R52565 and apply them to your custom version/object.

If I've only confused you I apologize. This thread really belongs in one of the technical forums now.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Larry_Jones on 2/21/02 12:46 PM.</FONT></P>

Back