Credit Hold at Ship Confirm

wsellers

Hello List,
I have a credit hold problem when we add a non-stock item during ship confirm (P4205). The order is not on hold when we ship confirm; however, it's placed on hold after ship confirm. I've been able to narrow the issue down to only orders where we've added a freight charge using the non-stock item entry screen. At first I thought it may be due to the sales order entry (P4210) version attached to the ship confirm versions tab in P4205 processing options. I've made sure the sales order entry version doesn't have any credit check type on it's holds tab in processing options. Even with these settings it will place an order on hold if the order amount exceeds the customer's credit limit. This prevents the order from invoicing until the credit manager can release it. These are usually orders that have been released from credit hold at least once before and sometimes more. Our credit manager is spending too much time re-releasing orders and our sales people are spending too much time tracking him down.

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Walt,

Same thing happens here sometimes. It seems as if whenever an order has been placed on credit hold at some point, it always reverts back whenever any change occurs to the orders (even cancelling lines or adding freight at ship confirmation).

I agree it's a pain. Our credit managers sometimes release orders 4 or 5 times to get them through.

Justin Revoredo
Amersham Biosciences
Piscataway, NJ
OW B7332 Coexistence SP11.1
AS/400 Oracle
Citrix/Fat

Hello List,

We just changed B4200420 (about a week ago, it is not yet in production) to prevent assigning credit hold code if same code was already released. Change was simple (when we identify BF) and it looks like we fix our holding - releasing problem.

Bojan.

Xe, AS400.

Thanks Bojan. I'll retain this for future use. I was hoping my problem was
setup related.

---Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 3:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Credit Hold at Ship Confirm

Hello List,

We just changed B4200420 (about a week ago, it is not yet in production) to
prevent assigning credit hold code if same code was already released. Change
was simple (when we identify BF) and it looks like we fix our holding -
releasing problem.

Bojan.

Xe, AS400.

--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=2
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Would you be willing to share the code change you made to correct this issue? We are having the same issue when we run repricing on an order - it always goes back on hold even though it has been released.

No problem,

This works on Xe, XU1.

Let me know if you need some help,

Bojan.

Attachments

• 66965-B4200420.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 135
Hi Bojan

Its Late Reply to this Post....But we are having similar problem as Philip in our case the hold code is "C1".
Still code attachment hold good for "C1".

OneWorldXE(SQL2K)

Hi Guys,
I have seen this many times at clients and in every case it has been to do with the version of SOE (P4210) defined in one of the many sub-levels of processing.
This is excaserbated if you have transportation turned on, but you should be able to track it down with a little patience and understanding of how all the programs are called.

There are a LOT of places that this can happen but if you look at the white paper I published on this
see http://www.jdelist.com/w3tfiles/64349-Credit Checking and Order Holds.pdf
then this should give you a good starter for 10.

Warm regards

Peter

Hi Peter

Our Problem today we noticed it goes on Hold when we try to run Re-pricing after ship confirm.

We couldn't find any PO logic which does this.

Any suggestions would be of great Help.

OneWorldXE(SQL2K)

Hi cchenupati
let me know which programs (e.g. R42750) you are running and I'll have a look.

Warm regards

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the prompt response.
Program Name - R42750(Order and Basket Level Pricing)

Processing Option Values are as Follows
TAB1)Records Selection
a)570 b)Blank c)P

TAB2)Default Values
a)580 b)P4210 Version Where all HoldCodes Tab are Blanks
c)Blanks d) Blanks e) Blanks

TAB3)Update Options
a)1 b)1

Thkx
OneWorldXE(SQL2K)

Finally Found Problem

Hello Folks

Finally found the problem.....Orders are going on Hold at Reprice Level because we found that Customer in F0301 is on Hold. Irrespective of the credit limit if the A5HOLD is Not Blank Customer Master Reprice UBE(R42750) is forcing the order to go on Hold......Finally Some Relaxation for Users.

One World XE (SQL2K)

We are having the same problem still in JDE - and transportation is turned on. Can someone tell me the key to fixing this?

Back