Oneworld Xe reports

How can we Tilt the field in Oneworld Xe report design,
For instance, we are printing Bar Code for a serial #, so my user wanted to see a field (Serial #) in 90 degrees angle, and just beside that the Bar code will be printed.
so if anybody come across this situation, please let us know. That would be a great help for us.

thanks & Regds,
Ram & Ravi.

Hi Ram,

First of all, welcome to JDEList Forums!

Regarding your issue, I am afraid that you can not do it in the Enterprise Report Writer tool. I suppose, you have to use a third party product to accomplish this task.

Unfortunately we haven't used any third party tool yet, so I can not answer wich is the appropriate for this task. I suggest you, post your issue onto one or both XE Technical Forum too. There are lot of girls and guys there who uses third party reporting tool.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Like Zoltan said, it can't be done with Report Writer unfortunately. We use Create!print to print our documents. We use barcodes on our pickslips (which are heavily modified to include additional data) and Createprint works very well.

Justin Revoredo
Amersham Biosciences
Piscataway, NJ
OW B7332 Coexistence SP11.1
AS/400 Oracle
Citrix/Fat

Hello Ram & Ravi,

I'll follow up o Justin's remarks to let you know that we use Optio (a 3rd party forms package), which also includes bar code support. I've experimented with it a bit with good luck, however we're not using it in production yet. My 2 cents,

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

I'll put my penny's worth in. We use Formscape and have barcode on the lot orders for mfg. Easy to learn and use.

Ok, now all three major report distribution softwares are mentioned. I'll say no more on the subject regarding Formscape, Optio, and Create!Print. To each their own, and they all have their uses and people have their favorites.

If you have to buy one, review what they offer, try to get a demonstration from the vendor and see which one will better fit your business needs.

(ok more then a penny, maybe 1.5 cents?)

Jeremey Garcia
Xe SP14 ES - AS/400 CO - AS/400 Deploy - NT Citrix

Back