Block standard cost default

lyqueen

good day everyone,

liked to know if there is any way i can modify the program so to block the system from defaulting std cost price once the supplier price is unavailable. currently, it has been designed to retrieve the supplier price under supplier/item info. once it's zero, it'll default from item branch/plant standard cost for the item.

appreciate any response.

thanks.
lyqueen

lyqueen
JDE Application Consultant
Malaysia

Hi Liqueen

Standard JDE will always refer back to the purchasing cost method to retrieve the purchase price once no suplier/item match is found. What you could do (if this fits in with your business processes) is set the Purchase Cost method (either by item or by branch) to a dummy method that is not automatically maintained (anything greater than 19). New purchase orders will now default zero dollars when no match is found, triggering procurement staff to either add an entry or manually override the price.

Hope this helps,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

dear sef,

brilliant suggestion. does this method apply also for all versions of
applications ? i'm currently using
One World XE B7333, SP 13
Intel NT4-service pack 6A
SQL 7
Service Pack 2

will try out and hopefully it works.

thanks again!

lyqueen

lyqueen
JDE Application Consultant
Malaysia

dear sef,
if you ever browse thru this question again(i hope so!), i'd like you to know that after testing out the recommended method, it still retrieves from standard cost(this case the std cost=supplier price).

is there another setting some place else which needs setting?

thanks in advance!
have a nice day!

lyqueen
One World XE B7333, SP 13
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2

Hi Liqueen

Whilst munching on a lovely baguette, I retested my suggestion and it worked exactly as intended. Even the crumbs on the keyboard did not alter the outcome.
Did you set the Purchasing Costing method of the item you are purchasing at the branch you are purchasing into to a new value (> 19)? You will need to do this for every! item/branch combination (that is, if your inventory cost level is at Item/branch level).

The down site is that no error or warning will be given and the PO gladly accepts a zero value purchase order (not very nice if you are using approval processing).

Pls let me know if you are successful in your test.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

Back