DRP/MPS/MRP Full Regen Processing Time

Angie

DRP/MPS/MRP Full Regen Processing Time

We are on Xe 17.1 Does anyone have any experience with the following situation:

Processing time for a Full Regent and Net Change of DRP/MPS/MRP in multi plant environment running approx. 20 branch/plants with 18,000 sku's per branch/plant seems to be taking very long 7 hours or so. Does anyone have any benchmarks on this?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Angie on 2/5/02 07:14 AM.</FONT></P>

Re: Full Regent Processing Time

Angie,

There is an ESU out there that addresses the speed of the MRP regen. I don't remember it off hand but if you talk to the response line, I'm sure they can get it to you. Also, I'm pretty sure that it is included in Update 3.

Hope this helps.

Dan Richards
Plexus Corp.
Xe, SP16.1, XU3, RS6000, Oracle 8.1.7, Metaframe XPe

Re: DRP/MPS/MRP Full Regen Processing Time

Angie,

Did you resolve this long process time problem yet? Mine is taking about 8 hours to run?

David

XE,SP15.1, AS400, Citrix, JAS

David,

What is your email address? The person handling that has a few questions he would like to ask you. I just posted this question for him.

Thanks,
Angie

XE, SP17.1, Update2, Win2K, SQL2000, Citrix

David,

Have you tried Net Change processing under XE?
If yes and you saw no improvemnets are you running Lead Time Rollup (R30822A) on a daily schedule?

The reason I ask is that MRP Net Change processing improved tremendously with B733.3. However the LeadTime Rollup UBE stamps the change flag on the Item Branch row regardless of whether or not lead times and related fields changed. This forces MRP Net Change to look at every item in each branch ...

MRP processing time hasn't yet become an a big issue for us. We run Full MRP nightly against an base of 45,000 items - but only 1 branch. This takes about 45 minutes. As processing time increases with the addition of new parts I can see at some point we'll need to "fix" Lead Rollup to only set the "change" flag when an actual change occurs. If this is your issue now you may wish to change LT Rollup in this manner.

Hope this helps,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Back