R42800 (Sales Update Problem)

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
We stack up Sales Update to run immediately after Invoicing completes on our nightly run. The problem we are having, Sales update is not updating everything. For example: Last night it processed 180 pages, but left over 100 sales orders at a status of 620 (Ready for Sales Update). We re-submit it and it will capture the rest.

Has anyone ran into this problem, If so please HELP!!

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

In your situation. I think two things may have happened. I am assuming you didn´t change the data selection or processing options for R42800 on the second run.

1. R42800 crashed in the middle of the run.
2. R42800 runned before R42565 (or your invoicing program) finished.

If R42800 crashed, and the transacctions were commited, you may have an integrity problem for the transactions running in the middle of the cut. If you can, Check the jde.log for information. In this case, What the system does is marked the transactions as ready to be processed, then, the updates to finanical tables, History tables (based on a processing option) and item ledger are perfomed. Take a look to the last transaction in the first batch. See if all related files are updated. If so, you are out of trouble.

If R42800 started running before the invoicing program finished, you may also have a problem in the case the invoicing program updated the status on some lines and some other not. The second run of sales update should pick up the remaining lines. In this case, you may have different accounting batches for the same sales order. Chances are you are also out of trouble.

Let me know if this helps.

Back