User Tracking

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi,

Is there a way to track user activity in Xe, I have had dome instances where user will delete all jobs in the job queue and also put jobs on hold. I have disabled the deleted button in the Work with Server Jobs screen and also the exit options for Hold, Terminate and Resume. However on Friday this happened again and I would like to track who is responsible for doing this.

If anyone knows of any tracking options please help.

Cleola Isaacs
CNC/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

I do not know of a way to do what you are asking from withing JDE, other then what the user submits. However, since you are using an AS/400 for your ES, what about users who have access to the command line being able to do this?

Jeremey Garcia
Xe SP14 ES - AS/400 CO - AS/400 Deploy - NT Citrix

Only the IT Dept. has access to green screen and no one want's to take responsibility. Do you know of any tracking options within JDE.

Cleola Isaacs
CNC/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

One option might be to create a tag/journal table... then add ER behind the
buttons to insert User, Form, Date, Time and Action(button)... Aside from
that, you may be on the honor system... Perhaps one of the CNC gurus,
security folk or other brainiacs know the best practice?

Daniel Bohner
[email protected]
www.existinglight.net
JDE - XE & AS/400
JDE - B7331 & MS SQL 7x

Sorry, I'm just a novice in JDE. You might want to check with the IT dept to search the logs for when those jobs were cancelled. It will say job xxxx ended by user yyyyy (CPC1234). At least it does on our system. That will tell you who ended the job if it was ended from the '400 side. Maybe one of the Xe guru's on the list can help you from the JDE perspective.

Jeremey Garcia
Xe SP14 ES - AS/400 CO - AS/400 Deploy - NT Citrix

Back