Retrieve data selection variable

I eyeballed it and it looks ok. As for how pVoid can be NULL... the only thing that comes to mind is if the bsvw attached to the section is a join view and the current selectstruct is one of the join criteria.

You should probably just ignore the rest of the code if pVoid is NULL after that assignment.

Just wanted to give you an update. I think your explanation is accurate. The structure can be null if the BSVW attached to the section is a join view and the selectstruct is one of the criteria for the selection. In the few examples I found, this was the case in each. It may be simply a limitation of the BLOB data extraction, and I can live with it.

Since there was no good way to check for Section ID's and verify their existence, I added a while loop in the UBE to run the Data Selections BSFN for Section ID's 1-15. I found some maybe-reliable information that the maximum possible Section ID was 42, but I manually looked at a few dozen and couldn't find any UBE in our environment with a Section ID greater than 10. The BSFN will close if the Section ID/Program ID/Version does not exist, so while this is greatly slows down the speed of the UBE it is proving to be pretty accurate. I could bump up the loop beyond 15 if I found an exception.

I also built an application to view the Data Selections data and display it in plain text in a Static Field. So far our BSAs are liking the results and it should help our environment upgrade.

Thank you very much for the solution and for your help, everyone.

Back