Retrieve data selection variable

axay72

Hi Everyone.
I am seeking some idea able to retrieve the variable which user select on data selection?

Appreciate you to view my query and more thankful to you if you can provide some idea.

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

First, you have forgotten to attach your system configuration which could be relevant in this issue.

Second, when you mentioned "variable" then did you mean "Business View Column"?

Third, you didn't mention where do yo want to do it, in APPL, in UBE or both.

Finally, if you want to do it in an UBE then please, check the "CheckDataSelection/Sequence" system function call. Maybe it is the solution for you. This system function exists under XE but I am not sure that does it too under your OW realse.

Please, keep us posted. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Did you get an answer to this. Only looked today. One solution is to add the
variable to the processing options and then make the data selection = PO
variable. The PO value is also available in the UBE.

Hope this helps

If you want means of accessing the actual values used on the right side of the data selection expression, you have to write a C bsfn utilizing the api, ubeSection_GetDataSelection. This funtion returns a pointer to an array of SELECTSTRUCTs which you can loop through to find the desired Business view column and thus the value(s) associated with that item.

I don't know if you're familiar with C, but extracting the values can be tricky if the comparison operator is 'between' or is a list of values.

If you are serious about pursuing this option, I could send you some code that I wrote that basically fills a work file with all the data selection information for the running report.

Jeremy
JDE Consultant
Minnesota, USA

Hi Jeremy:
Could you please send me your sample code to read all the data selection information.

Thanks
Randy Lew
Kitchell Corporation

If you want means of accessing the actual values used on the right side of the data selection expression, you have to write a C bsfn utilizing the api, ubeSection_GetDataSelection. This funtion returns a pointer to an array of SELECTSTRUCTs which you can loop through to find the desired Business view column and thus the value(s) associated with that item.

I don't know if you're familiar with C, but extracting the values can be tricky if the comparison operator is 'between' or is a list of values.

If you are serious about pursuing this option, I could send you some code that I wrote that basically fills a work file with all the data selection information for the running report.

Jeremy
JDE Consultant
Minnesota, USA
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=30369
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE Developers mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

Kitchell Corporation
1707 East Highland Avenue, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-4668
(602) 631-6135

Jeremy,

I'm interested in your code also and I'm sure a lot of user on JDEList.com are interested too, do you mind to include the code with your post on the forum ?

Christian Audet

For a month after my original post I heard nothing. But since yesterday, I've had 5 requests for my code so I am going to post it. For those of you who use it, hope it works well for you. Please feel free to critique and suggest improvements.

Hi All,

The attachement are now working and here is the Code from Jeremy. Thanks Jeremy.

Christian Audet

Attachments

• 32950-GetDataSelection.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,020
Can you send me your code as I'm missing the right data of the data selection.

Jeremy..
can you send me please the ALIASes you used for the Data Structure for the "GetColumnInfo" function?
it is data structure D550003E.
I found the aliases for D550002 in the B55GettUbe.h but I didnt find the ones for D550003E.

This is the type def:
typedef struct tagDSD550003E
{
ID idFileHandle;
char szFileName[11];
char szDataItem[11];
MATH_NUMERIC mnOWDataType;
MATH_NUMERIC mnOWDataTypeSize;
MATH_NUMERIC mnByteOffset;
char szErrorCode[11];
}

By the way.. does it work for OW 3.3.2?
thanks a lot!

Thanks!
I built it with 0 errors.. now i'll try to use it in a report.
Another question..for the SectionID Parameter I should pass the "SL SectionNumber" System value of the report?

Jeremy...
you rule!!

excelent solution.. it works great!

as a recomendation to make this pattern more complete maybe we can inlcude some Sections descirption and Event Rules to show how to extract the info fromm the workfiles and show it correctly,covering all data selection possiblities...

Congratulations again.. an thanks for sharing this with all of us!!

Hi Marss,

No need to re-attach Jeremy's solution.
Just read at least once this thread and you will find it!
tongue.gif

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S: a little help Christian Audet, Post# 32950
cool.gif

Hi Jeremy,
I want just to thank you for the nice job, your solution helps me a lot, and also I thank all people in this forum too, and a special thank for the moderators and for the administrators for this site.

Hello there.
First of all thanks a lot for this very helpful and intelligent solution. I built the BFs and they are working fine...only on my fat client. When I run it on the server it is failing...Can someone please help me!?

I'm using B7333 and running on Unix server.

Back