Retrieve data selection variable

Hi I am a fresher in this field. If u can send the screen shots of the data structure it will be very helpful to me. And can u plz tell me what is the requrement of F550002D & F550002H file ??

Hi List,

First off, I want to thank Jeremy for writing this utility!

I have a question: Is there any way we can have B55GETUBE send Data Selection content to the F550002(D/H) files for all the sections of a given UBE in one shot? Unless we are doing something wrong, we can get it to work by specifying one section at a time, but since we have UBEs on our B8.0 system with custom Data Selection in various sections, we don't want to run a job for every section of every version of every UBE on the system to acquire the Data Selection.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

-KV, Sr.

We have a couple of software tools to retrieve and report such DS:

- Data Selection Commander - standard DS off the Central Objects DB;

- DS Lookup - run-time DS off the Server's TAM.

The latter is actually a set of native JDE Objects and so is directly callable from JDE ER, like UBE's or NER's.

I found that this works fine on my Fat Client and presumeably on a Windows Enterprise Server, but as the UNIX post, I found it does not work on the AS400 as well. It seems it works fine if there is only one line of data selection, but if more than that it makes the UBE end in Error. Guessing it has something to do with parsing the data selection since it works fine on a single line of data selection. Anyone have any ideas?

I am on B7334 SP 23.

Hi,

Is it possible to get the dates in julian format instead of gregorian ?

Here is the lines of C to change :

case OW_DATATYPE_DATE:
lpjdDate = (LPJDEDATE)pVoid + ii;
FormatDate (szValue, lpjdDate, "OSASE");
break;

So I need "UPMJ=111074"

Thanks in advance.

JohnFuss.

Yesterday I tried to use an external function but without success, I try again and it works. I use a personnal BSFN in NER to transforme the gregorien date into julien and julien into julien in text format.

Thanks a lot.

JohnFuss.

The solution in this thread, to create a BSFN, that uses the API for ubeSection_Get/Free Data Selection does work well in terms of storing the data selection in a temp/work file. In 9.1, there is also a function that will store the data in cache, and you can read from cache (search for GetDataSelection in find in files). My issue at this point, is in getting setuserselection system function in ER, to generate the SQL statement correctly. I can read all of the data, but applying it to a called UBE, when you're dealing with dynamic data selection, poses a problem.

Is there anyone that has solved the issue of reading the data and applying it in ER, where you're willing to supply a solution, or at least some guidance in getting the SQL statement right?

The issues arise when setting, for example, AN8 = 1, and AN8 = 2. The data selection stored in the workfiles uses 'AND' and therefore does not properly pull the data when applying this in Event Rules.

Just looking for some tips.

Thank you.

The attachments for code samples is posted here: Link

Note: There is a function available in 9.1 that will write this data to cache, but then there is an issue in determining how to apply it to your ER. The solution in the link writes to workfiles. Again, I don't have a solid solution, and could not find one posted, on how to properly apply the data to ER and setuserselection such that the SQL is created correctly.

Hi all,

can I use this BSFN to "read" the data selection a user applied to an UBE (when he launched the version) from an interactive ? If yes what data can I user to populate the SectionID ?

Thanks in advance.

JohnFuss.

Jeremy, ND92,

I have a need to retrieve the data selection that the user entered (changed from the default version data selection) for one section, when submitting the UBE to run, and use it to create data selection for another section in the same UBE. I don't want the default data selection from the version unless the user did not change it when running the UBE. I have tried some of the business functions (UBERetrieveDataSelectionCache - B4302450 and ubeSectionUseDataSelection - N94NM16C) but I could not get any data returned.

Jeremy, does your solution work on unix (solaris) in E9.1/TR9.1.2.1?

ND92, were you able to create the correct data selection dynamically?

My system configuration is: E9.1 TR9.1.2.1, Enterprise Server: Sun (Solaris), Database Server: Sun, Oracle DB: 11g, Weblogic. Create!form 7

Hi Peter,

Can you use the F986114A table? That holds the execution details.

Craig

Peter,
Have you tried using the system function "Use Data selection/sequencing"?

I thought that worked and would pick up user entered/changed data selection...maybe not.

As for my code, it should run on any platform. I don't think there is any non-ansi c code in there. I do vaguely recall someone posting that it didn't work for them in Unix (maybe it was iSeries...I don't remember). It may even have been in this thread which I didn't re-read.

However, even if it does run just fine on your platform, it's not very conducive to what you're trying to do. There is no guaranteed means of being able to apply the data selection that a user can enter upfront (via version data selection) and duplicate using the ER system functions. Lists of values is the biggest roadblock. If you're sure the data selection will always be 'simple' enough to duplicate, then it may work.

I haven't seen the table layout for the table Craig mentioned, but that may be a better way to go now in 9.1...assuming it's organized in such a way as to be able to easily extract it.

Craig, Jeremy,

Thankyou both for your valuable replies (people like you two make JDEList such a valuable resource).

I had looked at the system function "Use Data Sel/Seq from Section" and, because it doesn't actually return any data, I don't think it would serve my purpose.

I had never looked at the F986114A before. It looks very interesting. For those like me, here is some detail on it (From E910/TR9.1.2.1). It is called "Audit Repository Detail" and is in the same schema/owner as the "Job Control Status Master" (F986110). It only has 5 columns: JDEEXEHOST, JDJOBNMR, JDAUDTYP, JDAUDSEQ, JDAUDINFO (an NCLOB column which may make things difficult). The glossary for AUDTYP and AUDSEQ is as follows:

AUDTYP
01= Processing Option Data
02= Data Selection Data
03= Data Sequencing Data
04= Report Interconnect Data

AUDSEQ
When audit information records are written to the table by audit information type, they are incremented by sequence number.

The AUDTYP indicates what the AUDINFO contains. There is an undocumented value for AUDTYP - 05 which appears to indicate that the AUDINFO contains the SQL statement.

Using a virtual table and adapting a database function that Larry Jones posted some years ago, I may be able to make this work.

[ QUOTE ]

I had looked at the system function "Use Data Sel/Seq from Section" and, because it doesn't actually return any data, I don't think it would serve my purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter,
I guess I misunderstand what you're trying to do. That system function is not meant to return any data. Rather, by using it, it will apply the same data selection to the current section as was applied to the section you specify in the system function. Isn't that what you're looking to do? Or are you wanting to selectively use just certain parts of the original section's data selection?

If you essentially want to copy ALL of the original section's data selection, that system function should work. Note, however, that it does not (I don't think it does anyway) pick up any ER-added data selection from the original section, so you'd have to duplicate that logic in your second section. You can test that premise to be sure.

Jeremy,

My stated purpose is:

[ QUOTE ]
I have a need to retrieve the data selection that the user entered (changed from the default version data selection) for one section, when submitting the UBE to run, and use it to create data selection for another section in the same UBE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this will not be easy and it may not be possible at all. The F986114A may not even provide what I need, depending on when the row is inserted into the table and committed.

To more fully explain, I need to ensure that certain values for a specific column are included in the data selection. If the column is not used in the data selection then I don't need to do anything and the same data selection can be used. But if the specific column is in the data selection and the values that need to be included aren't included, then I will need to modify the data selection.

If this can't be done, I will have to, at least partially, rewrite the UBE in question, which I do not want to do.

Peter,
I think have a better understanding. The code in this thread can work for you at least partially:

- You can use it to determine if a particular data item was included in data selection. If it wasn't, it sounds like you can use the "Use Selection/Sequencing" system function to 'copy' the DS from the original section.

- You can also use it to determine the value(s) that were associated to the particular data item. Here is where it may fall apart. As mentioned in an earlier post, if the data item has a list of values, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to try to duplicate using ER.

It boils down to what you mean by:
[ QUOTE ]
But if the specific column is in the data selection and the values that need to be included aren't included, then I will need to modify the data selection

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you're referring to a 'list' of values...that just makes the whole thing too difficult. The only way to simulate that with ER is using <OR>'s and that blows everything up without the ability to enclose in parens.

Jeremy,

You have my situation fairly accurately.

What I was referring to may include a list of values.

I realise that what I am trying to do may not work. If so, I do have a fall back position that involves rewriting a section because I will have to change the business view.

Back